We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days Toronto

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
109 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
5 days Toronto

Hi! We're flying to Toronto this July. Its kind of a sudden trip. And I'm a little worried that we might not have enough time to prepare because we still have another trip this June before we leave for Canada.

We might stay at Comfort Inn city centre. Is the location good enough? Or is it still far from Downtown? You have any idea if there are a lot of nearby shops or restaurants in that hotel? We like the hotel because its cheap but clean. We just want a clean and comfy hotel that is accessible.

Aside from Niagara falls what else is there to see? If there are any historical buildings and places to see please let me know which places I shouldn't miss. I've seen beautiful places in quebec and ottawa but are they too far from Toronto. Are there rail tours that could take us there?

And if you know any tour operator that we can avail of some tours from. I am checking http://www.viator.com/Toronto/d623-ttd but if you have other suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Toronto Bicycle Tours
Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Zoom Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Boat Tours, Day Trips
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
76,273 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days Toronto

Hi Catmare;

The hotel is located in downtown Toronto, but not in the nicest part of the city. For a more central location, maybe look at the Comfort Hotel Downtown at Yonge & Bloor.

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g155019-d183059-…

Niagara Falls is approx. 80 miles / 130 km from Toronto. The average drive is about 1½ hours, without any traffic delays.

Ottawa is approx. 281 miles / 452 km from Toronto and Montreal is approx. 340 miles / 545 km from Toronto.

Toronto is Canada’s largest city, 4th largest in North America after Mexico City, New York, & Los Angeles. You could easily spend an entire week in Toronto and still have plenty to see and do ! Have a look at the "Things to Do" area for Toronto by clicking on the green button at the top of this page.

Best Regards

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days Toronto

Hi Catmare. When visiting the falls there are many great attractions. Try the maid of the mist a Boat ride which lets you see the falls close up. If you like theatre visit the Shaw festival in NIagara on the Lake. 4 days can is enough for Toronto. There visit the Royal Ontario Museum, the Art Gallery of Ontario, The Distillery District, The Bata Shoe Museum, Cabbagetown, The Necropolis, The Ontario Science Centre and of course the CN Tower. Then on your fifth day take a day trip out of town. Some options include elegant Stratford with it's plays, the Niagara region with the Falls and the Shaw Festival, Prince Edward County with it's wonderful food and Kitchener and Waterloo with St. Jacobs a German Market.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days Toronto

Wow that's a lot to do in Toronto. Thanks for the helpful information. Will definitely check those out.

I thought Comfort Inn's a good location already. Is Comfort Hotel more accessible to these attractions? Or is it just the same, like do I have to take a bus or taxi to these attractions whether Im at Comfort Hotel or Comfort Inn? Or are the most attractions and shopping walkable if we stayed at Comfort Hotel?

Btw, I checked reviews of Comfort Hotel and there are a lot of negative reviews about it being dirty. Not that Im being too choosy but Id really prefer to stay in a clean hotel. Makes everything more comfy for me. :D any other hotel you could recommend? I'm looking around tripadvisor though.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
778 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 days Toronto

Cambridge Suites Hotel has a great location, central to everything and reasonable prices.....I would also recommend going to the Distillery District....Casa Loma if you like architecture would be a great stop!

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 days Toronto

Thanks for letting me now. Casa Loma looks amazing. We might actually just go there. :)

I checked Cambridge Suits and though its a great hotel in a nice location, it's quite expensive. Our budget for hotel would be $170-200 per night. I'm looking at the Holiday Inn downtown and Courtyard by Marriott Downtown. Are the location of these hotels good already or not?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
76,273 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 days Toronto

Hi Catmare;

Holiday Inn Downtown and Courtyard by Marriott Downtown are both in good locations.

Best Regards

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 5 days Toronto

Thanks.

Been googling all the sights and attractions you guys suggested and wow there are a lot of amazing things to see.

There's 3 of us traveling. Would you suggest that we get HOHO bus tickets or are we better off if we rent a car? What would be cheaper? I don't have an idea how much a rent a car would cost.

Edited: 8:10 am, May 20, 2013
Ontario
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 5 days Toronto

A car would be a disadvantage in Toronto - public transportation is generally easier. A rental car is handy if you plan to visit Niagara Falls or other areas outside the city. The Comfort Inn City Centre is a recently converted student residence in a less than desirable part of town- the other hotels you mentioned are a much better choice and I would probably choose the Holiday Inn on Carlton for myself- its recently renovated and a great location near the Yonge subway line and on the College streetcar line. You can walk to the Eaton Centre, Yorkville, ROM, Art Gallery etc from there.

Edited: 8:43 am, May 20, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 5 days Toronto

Thanks we might actually just book in Holiday Inn on Carlton. :) It isn't as expensive as other hotels and I think the location is good enough.

Btw, how do we get from the airport to our hotel? Shall we just take the taxi? Or are there buses? Do you know of a service company that could pick us up from the airport to the hotel and vice versa? I saw one from viator (viator.com/tours/…d623-5423YYZHTLAPT_P) But I don't know if they're good. And it's stated in there hat 3 persons can fit the sedan (which is the cheapest), but IDK will our 3 luggages fit in there? If you know of any other good/reliable company that does the same service please let me know about it.

Also, are taxis the same or are there different types? Like expensive ones and cheaper ones?

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 5 days Toronto

Btw, I am looking at Torontotours.ca and thinking of purchasing their HOHO city tour.

Can you help me figure out the difference between:

torontotours.ca/torontoshopdinetour.html and torontotours.ca/torontobusandboattour.html

Do they just go around the same stops?

Edited: 2:26 am, May 22, 2013