We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap parking near Residence Inn Downtown on long weekend

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap parking near Residence Inn Downtown on long weekend

Hi there...we have been to The Residence Inn Toronto Downtown a few times before and have enjoyed it very much. We often come on business (where the hotel/parking is paid), but this time we are coming on our own dime, and are looking for a cheaper parking option. Valet at the hotel is $40.00 per night. And I am cheap...lol.

A couple of years back, I thought we had stayed across the road somewhere, but I may be mixing things up. I have tried Googling some options, and I see that there is parking at The Metro Centre (NOT Metro Toronto Convention Centre) for $10.00 on weekends for up to 24 hours...address is 200 Wellington St West.

I also see a lot at 320 Front St West for $10.00 flat rate on weekends for a 24 hour period, and $5.00 holiday rate.

Does anyone know if these places have in and out privileges? Are these lots often full on the weekends? We may not get down there until around supper or later on Saturday.

If anyone has other suggestions...please, let me know. I would like to have a few different options in case one lot is full or hard to get to (due to construction or whatever).

Thanks so much!!

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
17,133 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap parking near Residence Inn Downtown on long weekend

I doubt they'd be full on the weekends ... although if there are any sporting or other events on downtown, they could be fuller than usual. What I can be almost 100% sure of is that there would not be in/out privileges - pretty rare to see that in a parking lot not run by a hotel.

There's a reasonably priced underground lot, underneath Mountain Equipment Co-op store on King street, just west of Peter ... but I'm afraid I don't know if you can leave your car there overnight.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap parking near Residence Inn Downtown on long weekend

Thank you for the information. I did find other places as well, but many did not let you stay overnight. I will keep looking, and if anyone has suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks again.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap parking near Residence Inn Downtown on long weekend

Hi traveller Ontario: did you find any good parking near the hotel. I am staying at this hotel for the weekend with family and I would like to use some other parking as paying 40$ / night is way too eensive

Thanks.

4. Re: Cheap parking near Residence Inn Downtown on long weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 18, 2014