We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto zoo from airport by subway?

Kincardine...
1 post
Save Topic
Toronto zoo from airport by subway?

some friends and i are going to take a bus from our town and go to the Toronto airport and from there we are going to the zoo, and then we were going to stay the night at a best western hotel near Scarborough and i cant find anywhere how to get to the zoo from the airport by subway... not even the toronto zoo gave me a route like this and i wanted to know if there even is one? i also would appreciate some help with getting from the zoo to the best western, (we chose best western because one of our friends work at a best western and we can get a discount)... i've never been to toronto or any city if that wasn't made obvious... so i dont really know how public transit or subays work...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto zoo from airport by subway?

There is no subway to the Toronto zoo...I'd use the route finder at TTC.ca for the best route, probably going to be two buses though...

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
21,456 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto zoo from airport by subway?

Is there a reason why you are taking a bus to the airport and not to downtown? Downtown would be easier as a transit departure for the zoo.

In any event, it will be difficult, but not impossible to get to the zoo. It will involve a number of bus and subway changes, and will take a long time.

From the airport you would take the 192 Airport Rocket bus to Kipling subway station. At Kipling you would take the subway east to Kennedy station. At Kennedy station you would transfer to an 86A bus that would take you to the Zoo.

See this article which explains how to take the bus from the Airport

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g155019-c116016/Toron…

See this website for the TTC that explains how the TTC works:

http://www.ttc.ca/

It is rare for us here in Toronto to suggest someone drive while here, however I will say that if you have access to a vehicle, driving from your town to Toronto would actually be the easiest thing to do.

BTW - if you are coming to see the pandas, please note they will not be on public display until after the May 24th weekend.

Edited: 4:09 pm, April 08, 2013
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,117 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto zoo from airport by subway?

I notice that the TTC website's route finder doesn't seem to work for the YYZ-zoo route. But yes, the route is the one phpr lays out; it looks like this: http://goo.gl/maps/LjoXU As you can see, the airport and the zoo are unfortunately at opposite corners of the city, and so the TTC trip would take over 2 hours.

The zoo website does explain what TTC buses serve it, see torontozoo.com/ExploreTheZoo/Directions.asp (scroll down to By TTC). It says that the 86A bus from Kennedy to the zoo runs every day during the summer; not sure when that starts, but I would guess the same long weekend that the pandas come on display. If I understand correctly it runs monday-friday only the rest of the year.

Just a thought: if you're coming all the way from Kincardine and then schlepping across town to the zoo, you might not have that much time left in the day to actually see it. Since you're staying overnight anyway, could you not go to the zoo the next morning? From the Best Western in Scarborough it would be easier to get to the zoo, you could even take a cab if the TTC is too much of a hassle.

Edited: 4:35 pm, April 08, 2013
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
21,456 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto zoo from airport by subway?

I note on the Zoo direction page they show another route which can be taken, however I think that for someone unfamiliar with public transit, the one I've described above will probably be the easiest and most direct ...and yes - I agree with tweedwolf that it will take at least 2 hours. His idea of going the following day is a good one.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toronto zoo from airport by subway?

Ttc to the zoo is an exhausting adventure, be prepared to be patient!

6. Re: Toronto zoo from airport by subway?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 10, 2014