We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

confused about hotels

chicago, illinois
7 posts
Save Topic
confused about hotels

ok here it goes were planning a surprise trip for my son who is graduating 8th grade...he plays hockey here in the U.S. and has always wanted to go to Canada and see how the kids play (curious if the Candians do it better lol)so were looking for some summer hockey we can check out,on our list of to do is hockey hall of fame and waynes rest. cn tower ck out the stadium etc...were going the first week of july and plan to stay in Toronto for 2-nights. The more I look and read reviews on the hotels the more confused I get??? I want a nice hotel close to everything. My list stars with delta chelsea cambridge,hilton sheredan,westin harbur the reviews on all the hotels are mixed and some allow pets yuck??? I love animals but I dont want to sleep in a room that they were in...also i need to know the best way to go to Niagra from Toronto one way we plan to go to the falls for three nights and fly out of Buffolo Thanks to all... ....

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: confused about hotels

Cant help you with the hockey part but as for hotels-for your needs I would reccomend the Sheraton or Hilton as both have pools and are centrally located, The Westin is in a nice area in the harbour front but has a liitle less around it...You could also look at the Suites at one king west which has some great summer rates-Just a reminder the July 1st is Canada day so there will be alot going on-ie so book now

England
Level Contributor
202 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: confused about hotels

Would recommend the Sheraton. Having recently spent 8 glorious nights their , with its central location and amenties I think it would be ideal.

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: confused about hotels

CW1

I'd recommend Delta Chelsea, Cambridge Suites, Hilton, and Sheraton. Delta has an indoor waterslide. Don't sweat the mixed reviews.

Your one point is

>>>also i need to know the best way to go to Niagra from Toronto one way

we plan to go to the falls for three nights and fly out of Buffolo<<<

I'd recommend pricing one-way car rentals. For public transport, there's www.viarail.ca and www.greyhound.ca

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,083 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: confused about hotels

Hello.

If you want an amazing hotel near all the activities you mentioned I would recommend the Hotel Le Germain. It is the third rated hotel on this travel site. I have stayed there countless times and it has never disappointed. It is the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. I have stayed at most of the hotels you mentioned and with all due respect in my opinion they do not compare to the Germain Hotel.

Hopes this helps a little and best of luck.

Caledon, Canada
Level Contributor
786 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: confused about hotels

Sheraton is a great hotel with a nice big pool great shopping near by, newly renovated rooms and lobby. Germain is nice but not cheap and it's not much of a family hotel.

chicago, illinois
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: confused about hotels

thanks guys for the info this narrows my choices ill let you know what i decided ........thanks

poodleville TO
Level Contributor
674 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: confused about hotels

To ease your mind a little, some hotels have designated pet rooms. I don't think you'd be sleeping in a bed that the pet did.

Somewhere that you can take your son that he would enjoy, (and so would you) is the Olympic Spirit. Lots of activites there all having to do with the Olympics. Have fun.

8. Re: confused about hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, August 14, 2009