We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 week visit - August 2013

Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
2 week visit - August 2013

Hi All,

Have been reading up on some past topics on the forum over the past few weeks and my husband and I have decided that we should visit this Summer (August) for up to 2 weeks. It will be our first visit to Canada and will be bringing our 3 year old son (by August he will be 3 and a half). I'm aware the CNE is on from mid - August.

We were hoping to book accommodation through H*twire or Pr*celine if possible as we are on a budget of about $110 per night. Will accommodation be dearer during the CNE?

In relation to travelling around we would like visit Niagara and Niagara on the Lake (my friend was in NoL last year and really liked it) but I'm not sure what part of the trip would be best to do that? I know I've read a few posts from one of the forum experts who has travelled a lot with kids (sorry I can't remember your name) about the middle of your travel period being hard and needing a rest etc.

Anyway, in terms of itinerary I would be pleased to hear from others as to what we should do and when. I believe that Toronto will be a perfect child friendly destination for us.

If you have any questions please and thanks in advance for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Canada
Canada
North America
Niagara & Toronto Tours
Niagara & Toronto Tours
475 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Niagara-on-the-Lake
Ontario, Canada
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Toronto
Level Contributor
429 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 2 week visit - August 2013

I suspect the CNE will NOT be the high light of your trip. The CNE is worth a one day visit if you're in Toronto when it's on but would not plan a vacation around it. Hotel prices are not impacted by the CNE.

Toronto has lots to offer visitors but 2-3 weeks is a long time to stay in the city.

You may want to consider an itinerary that includes a few days in Ottawa, in addition to the Niagara region. Ottawa is about a 5 hour drive and, depending on your route, you pass through some beautiful rural areas.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Ottawa
Ottawa
Ontario, Canada
Niagara Day Tour
Niagara Day Tour
720 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
12. Re: 2 week visit - August 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 12, 2014