We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Follow-up: They took my reward points but I have no booking?

Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
223 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Follow-up: They took my reward points but I have no booking?

Greetings:

This is a follow-up to an earlier posting about a flight I thought I had booked with Air Canada. On January 16, 2013, I thought I had booked a flight with Air Canada but on the Air Canada website today it says I don't have any flight reservations. However, Aeroplan tells me that I redeemed 15,000 points on that same day. I suspect that Aeroplan took my points but Air Canada failed to complete my reservation because of some problem with my credit card which I used to pay for fees and taxes on my reservation. If the credit card is the problem, I will simply attempt to make the reservation again with hopefully more luck. However, I don't understand how Aeroplan can take points for a incomplete booking. Any advice on how to deal with Aeroplan concerning this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
768 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Follow-up: They took my reward points but I have no booking?

Contact aeroplan's customer service department....that would be my logical place to start...

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,629 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Follow-up: They took my reward points but I have no booking?

You are also likely to get more advice (more not necessarily better!) advice here - tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,398 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Follow-up: They took my reward points but I have no booking?

Reward flights booked with Aeroplan are not viewed or available on the Air Canada website (in fact, they are actually separate companies, despite the obvious synergies between them). Instead, sign on to the Aeroplan Website, got to "My Account" and from that "Manage my Rewards"

You should be able to see your reward there. If not, call Aeroplan Customer Service. Aeroplan typically sends you an e mail with your itinerary within a few hours of your booking..did you not get that (and have you checked your spam folder...it sometimes ends up there)

Edited: 5:37 pm, January 25, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Follow-up: They took my reward points but I have no booking?

I'm not sure why you didn't just reply to the earlier thread (tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g155019-i55-k607920…) and I'm also not sure why you didn't really take into account the advice there.

If it's not appearing on either web site, call Aeroplan. Maybe it's a problem with your credit card, but maybe it's not. If you try to make a second booking only to find your first booking succeeded -- but just isn't showing up -- then you'll have an extra set of tickets.

Call Aeroplan.

5. Re: Follow-up: They took my reward points but I have no booking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 28, 2014