We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ice hockey

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
ice hockey

We are visiting Toronto in August with 2 teenage lads who play junior ice and roller hockey here in UK. Anyone know good outlets selling the equipment in either Toronto, Ottowa or Montreal? Any ice rinks open during the summer? Any suggestions of activities to keep them (and parents) happy would be much appreciated - they are 16 and 17 years old.

Also where's the best place for a trip white water rafting for 2 oldies and 2 teens?

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ice hockey

Hey, there is a great sports store called Sportchek you will find this store in Toronto and Ottawa but not in Montreal, they sell everything from skates to helmets, my kids also play hockey so this is where I buy my equipment.

Pibb,

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ice hockey

Hello. I can't help you with outlets for buying hockey equipment, however your sons may get a kick out of visiting The Hockey Hall of Fame. It is located at 30 Yonge Street in Toronto. Their Phone number is: (416) 360-7765

Here is a link to their website and there seems to be a fair bit of information on this site

http://www.hhof.com/index.htm

Also, another idea would bring the boys to Wayne Gretzky's Restaurant. Here is a link to the website http://www.gretzkys.com/setwindow.html

It has quite a bit of hockey memorabilia plus I believe there is a store to purchase hockey shirts and such. The website could give you more details.

Good Luck!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ice hockey

You can also try "Play it again Sports" -a second hand equipment store that has lots of branches around town. They have a website.

Good luck!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ice hockey

S for actual icetime for the kids you might want to check out : www.icesports.com . This site will show you some of the different rinks in the Toronto area and they sometimes have pick up hockey or even hockey camps during the August months.

As for hockey equipment, there is a store near Don Mills Road and Eglinton Ave E. which is called Just Hockey. It's the only place I buy my hockey stuff and has a lot more items than the big box sports stores such as Sportchek.

Toronto
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ice hockey

The Just Hockey outlet noted above is on Barber Greene Road, just west of Don Mills Road. It's right next to the head office of Tilley Endourables, the source for Tilley's famous indestructible travel hat and other practical travel wear - worth a visit while the kids look at the hockey gear.

chicago, illinois
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ice hockey

hey fellow hockey family ...were planning our trip to toronto and then to the falls in july...this is a surprise trip were planning for our son who is graduating 8th grade and hes been involved with hockey since the age of 6...and hes now playing spring hockey for high school and hes always wanted to go to canada..i guess hes curious do canadians do it better..lol..so we wanted to know about your trip any great hockey finds and did your boys get to do some skating???? i just reread your forum your not going till august...well i guess we will be letting you know about the hockey quest....

so hows your plans going for some reason this trip is taking the most planning ...i guess we want to see it all in only 5 days...

well keep in touch!!!!

7. Re: ice hockey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:22 pm, August 13, 2009