Hello, my wife and I will be landing at Pearson airport on May 27. Since weÂ´ll be staying at Barrie (Carriage Hills) till June 3, weÂ´ll be renting a car. IÂ´ll very much appreciate your input on the following:
1. In order to curb down parking costs, IÂ´ve heard itÂ´s possible to leave the car at some subway station in Toronto, then use it to move around the city. Is this accurate? will the parking fees actually be less than if we just drive into the city? which parking spot would be a good choice?
2. My wife basic interest is shopping (no wonder!); IÂ´d like to go to the Science museum and perhaps CN Tower; both of us are into fine dining and live music, mostly Irish/Celtic/Ancient and the so-called ethnic. IÂ´ve heard there are some music festivals going on during the summer, but havenÂ´t found anything for our dates. Also, I know there are some nice bars where they play Celtic music.
3. Also, weÂ´l lbe visiting some wineries in the NOTL area. Of course, we also want to visit the Falls. Any hints on the best ways to move around the are will be appreciated: driving time from Barrie, routes, etc.
4. For how long does the typical 1000 Islands travel lasts? Is there anything more to it than watching the scenery?
5. Any other suggestions on attractions in the area (Barrie/Toronto and surroundings) will be most welcome.
Thanks in advance!