We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto/GTA: Trip to NOTL, parking costs, 1000 Islands

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mexico city, Mexico
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Toronto/GTA: Trip to NOTL, parking costs, 1000 Islands

Hello, my wife and I will be landing at Pearson airport on May 27. Since we´ll be staying at Barrie (Carriage Hills) till June 3, we´ll be renting a car. I´ll very much appreciate your input on the following:

1. In order to curb down parking costs, I´ve heard it´s possible to leave the car at some subway station in Toronto, then use it to move around the city. Is this accurate? will the parking fees actually be less than if we just drive into the city? which parking spot would be a good choice?

2. My wife basic interest is shopping (no wonder!); I´d like to go to the Science museum and perhaps CN Tower; both of us are into fine dining and live music, mostly Irish/Celtic/Ancient and the so-called ethnic. I´ve heard there are some music festivals going on during the summer, but haven´t found anything for our dates. Also, I know there are some nice bars where they play Celtic music.

3. Also, we´l lbe visiting some wineries in the NOTL area. Of course, we also want to visit the Falls. Any hints on the best ways to move around the are will be appreciated: driving time from Barrie, routes, etc.

4. For how long does the typical 1000 Islands travel lasts? Is there anything more to it than watching the scenery?

5. Any other suggestions on attractions in the area (Barrie/Toronto and surroundings) will be most welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Mexico city, Mexico
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Toronto/GTA: Trip to NOTL, parking costs, 1000 Islands

Hello, Barriemeansbusiness:

Thanks a lot, your advice is most helpful. I´d appreciate it if you tell me about the best value-for-the-money (or just the best!)restaurants in Barrie, as well as directions to the local Wal-Mart (or equivalent).

Best regards.

12. Re: Toronto/GTA: Trip to NOTL, parking costs, 1000 Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 13, 2009