We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B near The distillery District

Ottawa
Level Contributor
288 posts
1 review
Save Topic
B&B near The distillery District

Hello,

I am planning to go to the Christmas market and I would like to know if you could recommend a B&B near the Distillery District ?

How safe is the area for a woman traveling solo ?

Thank you,

Masaryk

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B near The distillery District

There are no B+B's in the immediate vicinity of the Distillery District as far as I know. There are quite a few within 2-3 kms.

Edited: 10:58 pm, November 12, 2012
Blind Bay, BC
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B near The distillery District

Try sorting thru some of these:

www.bbcanada.com/ontario/greater_toronto_area

On the road & my internet is not very good.. Sorry.. : (

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B near The distillery District

The neighbourhood immediately north of the Distillery District is Corktown, but I'm not sure how many B&Bs it has. The neighbourhood to the west is mostly apartments.

It's pretty easy to get to the Distillery District by transit: it's a short walk down Parliament Street from the King streetcar. So any well-located central Toronto B&B should work.

The Distillery District and immediate surrounding area are quite safe. Heading north of Queen on Parliament Street takes you along the edge of Regent Park, a hugely mixed neighbourhood (part failed postwar social housing project, part new construction) that would probably be a little unsettling for a solo woman unfamiliar with the area.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Queen's Park
Queen's Park
214 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
29,247 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B near The distillery District

The Holiday Inn Express @ 111 Lombard St. is fairly close (1.2 klm) to the DD...it's a 5 minute taxi ride, or 15 min. by TTC..........a 2 minute walk down Jarvis to King St....take the 504 King streetcar E to Trinity, and walk down Trinity 5 minutes right to Distillery District.........

Ottawa
Level Contributor
288 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B near The distillery District

Thank you all for the useful information !

Masaryk

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
29,247 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: B&B near The distillery District

Masaryk........you're welcome............!

7. Re: B&B near The distillery District

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, December 16, 2013