We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 hour layover in Toronto

Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
10 hour layover in Toronto

I have never been in Toronto before. I am from Greece. I have a 10 hour layover in New Year's Eve arriving at 10:30 departing 20:15..

Can anyone help?

What can I do?

What should I be careful about?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,168 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 hour layover in Toronto

10 hours?? You could get downtown to see the CN Tower, have a nice lunch (depending cuisines on what interests you) and then probably back to the airport....

Arnhem, The...
Level Contributor
44 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 hour layover in Toronto

We went up the CN Tower and walked to the St. lawrence market, which is really nice. Perfect planning for a 10 hour stopover.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,168 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 hour layover in Toronto

On a Monday, the St Lawrence Market is closed...otherwise I would have offered it up...

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
171 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 hour layover in Toronto

Another option is the Eaton centre; there are a lot of good stores and a good food court there. You will need a taxi from the airport to downtown. Just make sure you watch your time because they would probably want you back at the airport at least 3 hours before your flight.

Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 hour layover in Toronto

Thank you everyone. What's the fastest way to get from the airport to downtown and back?

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,359 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 hour layover in Toronto

Top Questions about Toronto, just to the upper right of page:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g155019-c116016/Toron…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 hour layover in Toronto

As Dave said, a taxi is the best way. As Phpr's link says, you don't need to pre-book anything -- just grab one from the queue at the airport; to get back you can hail one on the street downtown.

Where are you flying to? If you're not heading to the US, are flying on a single ticket, and they check your bags through to your final destination, there's no need to be back three hours before your flight -- all you have to do is clear security and walk to your gate.

But, if you're flying to the US, you'll need to clear US customs and immigration as well before you can go through security for your onward flight. And you have to have your luggage with you for US customs, which makes things tricky (presumably you don't want to take all your bags downtown with you!)

Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 hour layover in Toronto

I am flying from Europe to cuba

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 10 hour layover in Toronto

Then as long as you're on a single ticket, your airline should be able to tag your bags through to Cuba. You'd just need to be back to the airport with enough time to clear security for your flight; maybe 90 minutes.

Double-check the arrangements with airline staff when you check in.

10. Re: 10 hour layover in Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 30, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Toronto