We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road closures Oct 14 due to Waterfront Marathon

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Road closures Oct 14 due to Waterfront Marathon

Lots of snarly traffic this Sunday in downtown Toronto. See this: thestar.com/news/gta/article/1270717--toront…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road closures Oct 14 due to Waterfront Marathon

Not to mention the sketchy looking weather....

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Road closures Oct 14 due to Waterfront Marathon

The mayor said yesterday that the public was well informed about the road closures. Yet the list of roads closed is vague. The page that shows the detailed list is not found following the link. I guess we will find out when we get to the Ex how long it will take us to park. We are going to the ski show and we are not interested in the marathon today. So thanks for nothing!

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
577 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road closures Oct 14 due to Waterfront Marathon

I had no idea... Our 320 Yonge bus dropped us off at Adelaide, and we had to walk all the way down to the walkway/bridge Union just to get across Yonge street as pedestrians. Given the amount of construction around Union right now they really could have chosen a better route!

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Road closures Oct 14 due to Waterfront Marathon

I agree. Hwy. 7 or Winchester would be a much better choice. Or pick a park. But I saw there were people from several countries so I guess that is why he changed his tune, to show off the city at the waterfront. Hypocrite.

5. Re: Road closures Oct 14 due to Waterfront Marathon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, December 15, 2013