We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Four Seasons Hotel Now Open!!!

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
189 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
New Four Seasons Hotel Now Open!!!

Anyone who stayed at the old Four Seasons ( like me) will be happy to know the new hotel opens today! I wanted to stay there for my visit next month until i saw the prices were double what the old hotel charged. $545 plus tax a night!!! Yikes! I do plan on checking out the restaurant Café Boulud.

http://www.fourseasons.com/toronto/

Edited: 10:17 am, October 05, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,189 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Four Seasons Hotel Now Open!!!

Sounds wonderful..............gorgeous shot of the Toronto skyline on the webpage........as for the rates, someone has to pay for all that construction :)

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Four Seasons Hotel Now Open!!!

Rates are $545 plus tax ?Looks like I'm never staying there, ha ha. Must be nice, really nice, oh well.

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New Four Seasons Hotel Now Open!!!

It was about time. Vancouver now has the worst four seasons hotel. I had lunch at Maison boulud at the montreal ritz and was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully the cafe boulud will be the same. With the new ritz and FS, Toronto finally has the 5 stars hotels it should have had years ago. Maybe a peninsula or st regis is next.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Four Seasons Hotel Now Open!!!

Don't forget the Shangri-La, Trump, and Hazelton. It's probably time for a bit of a breather on 5-star hotel construction!

One of the five-stars has started to appear on Hotwire, though at $404/night it still isn't cheap. It's in Toronto Downtown East, so I think it can only be the Trump.

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New Four Seasons Hotel Now Open!!!

The hazelton is nice but it is a boutique hotel. I've stayed there but found the room dark and it is not a business hotel. The trump is not in the same league as the FS. As for the shangri-la, it does have its fans. In short, not all 5 stars hotel were created alike !

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Four Seasons Hotel Now Open!!!

I'm sure the clientèle plays a role of how the hotel is like. Must be neat travel around and stay all of the 5 stars hotels in a city. Might get addicting, lol

Edited: 4:45 pm, October 05, 2012
Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: New Four Seasons Hotel Now Open!!!

I have stayed at some bad ritz. The FS is more consistent. I would say, and most people in the industry would agree with me, that the FS ranks higher than the ritz. Personally, I love the peninsula. If you ever make it to hong kong and want to splurge on a storied property, stay at the peninsula !

8. Re: New Four Seasons Hotel Now Open!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, December 14, 2013