We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near Ontario place

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,341 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near Ontario place

Looking for a hotel near Ontario place with outdoor parking preferably free. I hear it will be hard to get a parking spot at Ontario place the weekend of Aug 25th since the CNE is going on. We have a concert and plan on taking a taxi, is this a good idea or should we get a hotel outside the city with free parking and drive to OP and park there.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
761 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near Ontario place

There are not a lot of hotels around Ontario Place. The motel strip that was nearby has been torn down and replaced with endless condos that block the lake from everything else. I would suggest finding a hotel along the Lakeshore West or East GO trains, and taking the GO train to Toronto. GO trains stations have free parking. If you're coming from the east, there are hotels near the Ajax and Whitby GO stations. I'm not familiar with hotels along the Lakeshore West GO train line, but there must be more than a few.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,341 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near Ontario place

Go trains aren't an option we have no idea what we'd be doing. I was thinking hotels around union station and taking a taxi to the concert

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near Ontario place

Getting a hotel near Union station is a great idea. You can also catch the GO Train to the concert. It's one stop over called "Exhibition". Taxi is also an option but more expensive than the train I'd think.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near Ontario place

Look into the Thompson Hotel-not all that far from Ontario Place-short cab ride.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,466 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel near Ontario place

There is actually a hotel quite close to Ontario Place and is located at 1926 Lakeshore Blvd. W..............it's called The Four Points Toronto Lakeshore by Sheraton.............I noticed it was very busy as I was driving by yesterday............I checked reviews on TA just now and it gets 3/5 stars and some very mixed reviews, so this is just for your info, and not an actual first hand recommendation.....................................some reviews liked it and some didn't like at all.........it's less than 2.5 miles away...

Edited: 11:40 am, August 19, 2012
North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,341 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel near Ontario place

Thanks for the info, does the Thompson or your points have outdoor parking? We drive a large truck that usually won't fit in a garage

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,184 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel near Ontario place

Frankly I'd avoid the Four Points ... friends of mine were there for a wedding earlier this summer ... she said she'd never go back ... noisy, shoddy rooms, poor response from management when she complained ... just bad bad all round. It's somewhat surprising given that most Sheraton Four Points properties are usually well kept.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,341 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel near Ontario place

Do you think I should just risk it try parking at Ontario place it seems like a lot of hassle to avoid a crowd

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,466 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel near Ontario place

WeLoveD.............yes, the parking is outdoors........some of the reviews that I read(I suggest you read them too) on Trip Advisor mention the noise, as this hotel is situated right on Lakeshore Blvd, which is a busy road....(..traffic noise.)......there is quite a bit of parking at Ontario Place...............although when the CNE is on it's full..............we went to the CNE Saturday, and tried parking at Ontario Place........we drove around quite a bit, but could not get parking there.......................however, it was also the first Saturday that the CNE was on, so it was extra busy

Edited: 8:51 am, August 21, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,466 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel near Ontario place

Also, parking at the Four Points is not free......................the last website I saw listed it as $12.00 per night........................there is a Holiday Inn near Yorkdale shopping mall, which is situated right by a subway(TTC) stop...I'm not sure of cost or ratings, but you could stay there and take the subway/streetcar to CNE and then walk across to Ontario Place....