We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
2 posts
Save Topic
holiday

Myself,my husband and young son will be arriving in Toronto from Glasgow,Scotland on the 4th of may.Spending a few days in Toronto

then driving to Thunder Bay to see my Aunt and cousins.Then a few days later back to Toronto for a while.

What is there to get involved in for a young family.My son is 5.He is desperate to visit toy shops.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday

We don't have any toy stores that rival Hamley's in London, but there's a chain of large stores called Toys "R" Us (toysrus.ca). There's a location in the Yonge-Eglinton Centre (Eglinton subway station).

There's a great model train store called George's Trains on Mt. Pleasant, between Eglinton and Davisville. (georgestrains.com; closed Mondays). They have a few layouts set up in the store that can be fun to watch.

Further east along Eglinton is the Ontario Science Centre (ontariosciencecentre.ca), which has tons of hands-on science exhibits. Back downtown, another good attraction for kids is Centreville (centreisland.ca; weekends only in May).

When you're on the subway, try to get on at the front of the train as there's a front window that lets you look out into the tunnel. Very popular with young boys. And make sure to check into the day pass: on weekends families get unlimited travel for $8.50.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday

A popular place for families is the Toronto Zoo.....it's interesting for all ages. The weather will not be perfect for animal viewing in early May.

www.torontozoo.com

Also the Toronto Blue Jays have quite a few home games in May. My son always loved that experience as a youngster, and it's fun even if you're not a huge baseball fan.

www.bluejays.com

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday

Sorry....meant to say May WILL be perfect for viewing amimals at the zoo. :))

scotland
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday

Great.Thanks to you all.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: holiday

You might also think about Black Creek Pioneer Village, a semi-authentic recreation of a pioneer era (mid-19thC) North American settlement. Lots of farms animals to be admired by an urban youngster.

trca.on.ca/parks_and_culture/…