We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good hotel near airport?

cardiff,wales
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Good hotel near airport?

I am travelling to Toronto in September with my 86 year old father. Can anyone recommend a reasonable price hotel eg a Days Inn between the airport and Scarborough. We have a car but do not know the area so it will have to be somewhere easy to get to and in a safe area. Many thanks

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good hotel near airport?

Days Hotel and Conference Ctr Toronto Airport East

www.daysto.com is at 1677 Wilson Ave, the NE Corner of the intersection of Hwy 400 & 401. So that'd work. Some might argue that, because of it's proximity to Jane St, it's not a safe area.

Sept room prices are around C$90 +15 tax a night. If that's out of your price range, please advise - including the # of nights you'd be staying.

Hwy 401 is the main highway to travel from the Pearson International Airport to Scarborough. That hotel (as you can tell by the name) is near the airport.

Note that there's no trip advisor ratings on that property.

cardiff,wales
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good hotel near airport?

Days Inn are suggesting East Lakeview...2151 Kingston Road

They have offered a good price but is it good hotel and safe?

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good hotel near airport?

That area is certainly safe. Looks like that hotel is new in 2001. The website www.torontodaysinn.com boasts that it's a "peaceful Toronto hotel". That's pushing it; Kingston Rd angles up to Hwy 401. The Scarborough bluffs nearby have a great view. I doubt you'll see anything from the hotel itself.

I've driven by this hotel while living in Toronto, so never stayed. There's a number of small motels along Kingston Rd. I see only 1 review on the tripadvisor website, but they had an ugly experience and didn't get their suite, but a room. Perhaps they checked in late.

Note that the internal Days Inn ranking system gives the hotel 4 or 5 out of 5. This place is likely a good value; the airport area/401 area is pricier.

Level Contributor
4,195 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good hotel near airport?

Airport and Scarborough covers a very large area. May be you can be a little bit more specific.

cardiff,wales
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good hotel near airport?

AB...many thanks for the info...I will book it and see what happens....I can always check out

iechyd da (pronounced yakky da)....cheers