We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuba tourist card

hong kong
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cuba tourist card

I'd like to book Toronto-Cienfugoes ticket on line with Cubanna airline and then return by Air Can Havana-toronto. Plus booking hotels on line. Will I get a tourist card on the Cubanna flight plse?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,837 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cuba tourist card

Unfortunately, you will not find the answer to you question here on TA because TA is not a booking site. You will have to look for the logo of the booking site when you are on the booking page.

I do think you will have to find the tourist card information another way. Perhaps google for a website for Cuban travel.

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,039 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cuba tourist card

Suggest you contact Cubana airlines direct

http://www.cubana.cu/guide/?article=of_otros

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cuba tourist card

Or on TripAdvisor, ask on the Cuba forum -- lots of Canadians post there, but more importantly they're the ones who are most familiar with travel to Cuba: tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g147270-i91-Cuba.ht… .

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
306 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cuba tourist card

If you booked directly with the airline, you will receive the tourist card upon check-in at the airport. If you booked a package holiday with a tour company, they will either give you the card in advance or upon check-in at the airport.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cuba tourist card

For all of the flights to Cuba that I've been on, tourist cards were either handed out at boarding or after boarding along with the customs declaration forms.

hong kong
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cuba tourist card

many thx!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cuba tourist card

If it is the same as going to Panama, then Air Transat hands them out during the flight. You get one free, as it is in the price of the ticket. If you mess it up, then you have to buy one, which at the time I went was $5. The tourist card is stamped and I recall that it was separated, and one part kept. The other part was supposed to be kept with you, and was collected when you left the country at the airport before boarding. One interesting aside to this. In 2001 we went to New Zealand. We filled in the card when we got there. Same thing, it was torn in two. But when we came to leave to come home, the customs people had these cards and you had to match the part you had with the part you left on entering the country. That way, they knew that you had departed as you said you would.

Edited: 1:25 pm, November 20, 2011
8. Re: Cuba tourist card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, December 02, 2012