We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room For 5

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ramstein-Miesenbach...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Room For 5

Hello all,

Planning a trip to Toronto for 3 nights in July. It's my wife and I with daughters ages 17 and 20 and one boyfriend. We're leaning towards the Clarion Hotel & Suites Selby as it appears too good to be true. It's one of the few places we've found that will accomodate 5 in one room. Any comments or alternate suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,011 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room For 5

It might work. You'll be close to Sherbourne Subway station. Not the greatest of areas (it gets a little quiet and/or seedy at night) but not dangerously so. In July, it'll be light out until about 9pm, so you should be O.K.

Ramstein-Miesenbach...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Room For 5

Thanks for the heads up. Could you elaborate a little on what you meant by "quiet and/or seedy". I'm confused since several Trip Advisor reviewers said the area was nice and safe with only one person disagreeing???

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
912 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room For 5

Sherbourne and Bloor (where the subway stop is) is at the margin between very upscale areas and what passes for a slum in Toronto -- though not very slummy by any reasonable standards. I lived in the area for a while as a student and would say "no problem".

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,011 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room For 5

Agree with Canprof. Area is fine, just don't walk too far south on Sherbourne after dark and you'll be O.K. Lots of homeless people and streetworkers a few traffic lights south, but the immediate area is more than fine.