We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat In Toronto May 5-11

Level Contributor
1,346 posts
393 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat In Toronto May 5-11

Lucky me! My partner will be attending a conference in Toronto for a week, and I'm coming along.

We've been to Toronto multiple times and dining always figures significantly in our visits. Toronto is one of the great dining cities.

I'd welcome restaurant recommendations for lunch and dinner. We're adventurous eaters. The only thing we're not fans of is Japanese.

I can't recall every place I've eaten but here's a few that we really enjoyed: North 44, Centro, Pangea, Boba, Soto Soto. We went to a great fish place on Davenport Road??? the name of which I can't recall, but I'd like to return. Name anyone?

Friends of ours have suggested Bymark and we're considering Rain based on watching the TV show. Any other sdggestions? Not everything has to be high end. We love simpler and less expensive food, too.

Thanks.

Level Contributor
1,346 posts
393 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to eat In Toronto May 5-11

Thank you all for your replies. I am most appreciative of your kindness. Your contributions will enhance our trip, although my experience with Toronto has been that even serendipitous restaurant choices are often suprisingly good. It's a great food town.

Looking forward to enjoying as many meals as we can.

Thanks again.

poodleville TO
Level Contributor
674 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to eat In Toronto May 5-11

There are a couple of places right on Elm St.

behind the Delta Chelsea that are nice. One is called Adega and the other is Il Fornello. They are close enough that you could walk by and check the menus to see if they appeal to you.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to eat In Toronto May 5-11

On the "simpler and less expensive" end is the Town & Country Buffet: townandcountrybuffet.com/qq_buffet_frames.htm

If you like a buffet then it is worth it for the food but what makes this restaurant so interesting is that it is formed from several rail cars which have been attached together. The word "unique" is dreadfully overused but might be meritted here. It is located at the very bottom of Sherbourne Street on Queen's Quay so if the weather is nice you can have a pleasant walk back to downtown or Harbourfront.

bro
toronto
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Where to eat In Toronto May 5-11

No offense CanProf but how can you in good conscience recommend a visitor or anybody for that matter eat at The Town & Country. I strongly urge anyone with a pallet and tastebuds to skip this place.

Level Contributor
1,346 posts
393 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Where to eat In Toronto May 5-11

Hello again.

Can any one comment on Thuet?

Thanks.

bro
toronto
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Where to eat In Toronto May 5-11

Thuet-the man is a legend in the Toronto dining scene. His restaurant, which is about 1 year old has gone through some changes recently. Moving from a multi-course Alsatian tasting menu to a more tradional Bistro menu, adding brunch and a bakery. The results have been great. His bread is now sold in a variety of high end stores (ie. Pusateris) and brunch is sold out every weekend. We were there for dinner a couple of weeks ago and the place was packed and food awesome. If you like bistro fare than give it a try. Be advised it ain't cheap though. Apps are $15.00 to $20.00. mains $25-30 a la carte. The guy really is a brilliant chef !!

Toronto
Level Contributor
596 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Where to eat In Toronto May 5-11

I went to Thuet for Brunch and it was delicious. It was probably the most expensive brunch I've ever had but I would go again. Haven't been for dinner.

I would have to agree with Bro, Town and Country was the worst buffet/brunch I've ever been too.