We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

toroto

london
8 posts
Save Topic
toroto

hi am new on this forum,im going toroto on 1st feb any suggestions on places to visit apart from the obvious like cn tower etc.im going with my new girlfriend so wanna take her somewhere she aint heard of as she is an expert on visiting places

thanks

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: toroto

What are your general interests? What kind of things do you like to do in London?

One of my favourites here is Kensington Market. Kind of like Camden Town but with more second hand clothes shops and food shops but all within some narrow streets. Pretty cool.

www.kensmarket.com

london
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: toroto

thanks for replying.Myinterests in London are Theatre,socailising and extreme sport i indoor rock climb 4 times a week.This holiday is more my girls she has won an award at a film festival in Calgary this starts on the 6th.Anyway she likes Theatre and loves markets she loves spitfield market so yeah she would love to visit a canadian market.I had looked up a market st.lawrence it was called,but am sure you can guide me.

Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: toroto

Lots of theatre here as well. Large productions and small. For listings try www.nowtoronto.com or www.eye.net.

london
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: toroto

cheers will check the sites out.I can feel im gonna enjoy Toronto hee spelt it right this time.

london
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: toroto

Hi Urban,just wanted to ask as tried looking at the theatre and film sites,do they provide captioning,as my girlfriend is deaf,it enables her to read the script or do they even have signed interpreters translating the script.Yeah thats why we are coming Canada as my girlfriend has won an award at a disibility film festival which is on 6th in Calgary,she presented a documentary style visit of India and their deaf schools.Anyway tried finding subtitles etc on site but no joy,cant see you knowing if you no links,but worth a try,i will ring them if no luck.Cheers again

london
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: toroto

Its me again cant find out what day Kens market is on it doesnt say on the site or i have missed it but i know i aint that pc illiterate.Any ideas?

N Ireland
Level Contributor
110 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: toroto

Kensington Market is an everyday thing as far as I know (i always wanted to go there but haven't been yet!)

Also congrats to your girlfriend on the award, that sounds like a pretty cool achievement.

Toronto
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: toroto

i found the website for the festival and i think i found the film...is it titled Back to Bombay (VEE TV Special)...

london
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: toroto

hi yeah thats my girlfriend Deepa doing back to bombay through vee tv she is well chuffed,as the film festival is paying 4 her flight but not mine dam

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: toroto

Sorry Greyman about your question, you'd probably have to contact the theatres individually to find out if they provide this service. Just hope you bundle up well for being here in February! It was warm recently but today is minus 12 celsius and windy!

Get answers to your questions about Toronto