We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Itinery please

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Itinery please

We will be visiting Canada for ten nights in April, flying in and out of Toronto airport. We intend to spend the first and last couple of nights in Toronto, and will be hiring a car to travel round and see some of the sights. We will spend one night at Niagara Falls, with a visit to Niagara on the Lake on the way, and wonder if anyone could recommend any other must-see areas. We don't specially want to visit any other major city, but are looking for wonderful scenery and pleasant small-towns.

My travel guide and road map are on order, but would appreciate any recommendations in the meantime.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
947 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Help with Itinery please

I like St. Jacobs. In the same area is Alora. Closer to Toronto is Unionville with lots of interesting shops and eateries. Further to the north is the Muskoka area (cottage country) with many small towns and resorts to stay at. You may be a bit too early for wonderful scenery as the trees and shrubs may not be in bloom yet.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Help with Itinery please

Thank you goldie - I have now found Unionville on my map and if we get time will definitely take a look.

I don't think we will get time to do Muskoka, but so many people have recommended the area that it will definitely be on the list for our second visit.