We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation Methods from Pearson Int'l.

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Transportation Methods from Pearson Int'l.

I am going to be in Toronto over New Year's.

Flying into Pearson Int'l. Thursday around 9:30pm and staying at Fairmont Royal York.

Would love to use mass transit if possible.

Thanks for your help in advance.

poodleville TO
Level Contributor
674 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Transportation Methods from Pearson Int'l.

Skip, I'm glad you caught the humour in these posts. We really are a good bunch here in Toronto. I hope Mrs. Skip enjoys some luxurious time here. Have fun.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,854 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Transportation Methods from Pearson Int'l.

Well.. it's my long standing principal that I do not take taxi/limo wherever I do personal travel. I stayed at the Hyatt in Cologne and walked from the train station, took the bus to Century Hyatt in Tokyo. I also bought my own business class flights.

Inverness, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Transportation Methods from Pearson Int'l.

I'm with you, Bibimbob. If there's good public transport, I'll use it.

(Although sadly I'm not with you at the front of the plane, I'm way back there in goat class ...!)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
934 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Transportation Methods from Pearson Int'l.

No question about it, I'm just plain spoiled. I travel by car or limo or taxi almost everywhere. I'm a 5-minute walk to the subway and rarely take it. I'll have to avoid answering questions like this in future cause my point of view is obviously slanted. ;-)

UK
Level Contributor
475 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Transportation Methods from Pearson Int'l.

I think Skip was very gracious. I wouldn't have been with so called 'advice' as "Don't be so cheap and spend the $45 required to hop into an airline limo. GEEZ!!"

We all have different priorities for how we spend our money - Bro would do well to remember that next time and answer the question that's asked, like the rest of us did.

bro
toronto
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Transportation Methods from Pearson Int'l.

Thanks for the advise Gil-but if you actually read the original post you will see that no question was actually asked. SKIPPERSN was seeking advice and options like everyone else on this board. And I simply provided my option and advice. If you disagree-so be it. Maybe next time I'll ask you how I should respond to a request for info!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Transportation Methods from Pearson Int'l.

thanks gil...we should all remember why we're here in the first place and that is to offer advise...not to ridicule and belittle someone's choice...

bro
toronto
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Transportation Methods from Pearson Int'l.

Maybe it's time for a group hug!!

Ontario
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Transportation Methods from Pearson Int'l.

bro: I've been quietly reading all the posts here and would just like to say that some just don't get it, do they? ;-) I'll join in the group hug.