We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian food near airport

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ottawa
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Indian food near airport

Hi I know there are lots of Indian restaurants near the airport (YYZ) but which ones are the best and what dishes do you recommend?

Thanks

toronto
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian food near airport

I go to Mississauga far less often than I go to Montreal, but I did notice on a recent visit that one of my favourite joints in town, Bamiyan Kabob, had opened an outpost there, at Dixie Rd. and Eglinton, just south of the airport. Now, Bamiyan Kabob isn't Indian. As the name suggests, it's Afghan. But the original location in East York is usually packed with with local families that are pretty evenly split between Afghan and Pakistani (it's Halal, so it attracts a lot of observant Muslims), with a sprinkling of white folks in between. And, while you can find good Indian food in a lot of places, it's really tough to find an Afghan place like this one.

I can't really add much to the Toronto Star article on the restaurant's website: www.bamiyankabob.com/index.php/history.html -- it's pretty much dead-on. The only thing I would add: get the boulagnee, a huge potato pancake made à la minute (it always takes a little longer to get it), and instead of the white rice that comes with the dinners, get the Kabilee Rice, with carrots, raisins and almonds.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
990 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian food near airport

My fiance's family lives in Brampton so I'm out there quite a bit... all I can say is that I've never had bad Indian food in Brampton. I can't think of anywhere near the airport but if it were me, I would just look for a place that's busy.

3. Re: Indian food near airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, July 25, 2010