We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have you noticed?

poodleville TO
Level Contributor
674 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Have you noticed?

How many new posters the Toronto forum has been getting lately? Sometimes we went for days without and now more than 1 a day. We sure are getting popular.

Toronto
Level Contributor
596 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Have you noticed?

You're right Jasper. It makes me really happy to see a bunch of new posts in the morning!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
956 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have you noticed?

Yes, and have you also noticed how strange some of them are?

wales
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Have you noticed?

i can see why you are getting so popular ,just returned from my vacation in toronto (tue 25)

this city has it, all fab sights ,sounds, people, food you name it TO has got it , cannot wait to get back c u soon !

Toronto
Level Contributor
596 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Have you noticed?

Wow, glad you had a good time roachy!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Have you noticed?

Wow, that's good to hear indeed! I hope, however, that it never gets too popular (like NYC) I'm not a huge fan of crowds!

All we need now is some world class museums and art galleries! the ROM and AGO are a little bit stale no?

Ontario
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Have you noticed?

Roachy: What nice things to say about Toronto! It kinda makes me proud but I don't want it to go to my head.

UF: When you consider that other major cities have more than one sizeable museum and art gallery what you say makes sense. But I always liked the ROM and AGO so I will have to give it some thought.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Have you noticed?

both of them are under major renovations so I hope things change for the better. I visited both of them this past year and found that not much has changed since my school trips there back in the 1980s-90s.

Have you been to the Albright-Knox gallery in Buffalo, NY?

-retty impressive.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Have you noticed?

both of them are under major renovations so I hope things change for the better. I visited both of them this past year and found that not much has changed since my school trips there back in the 1980s-90s.

Have you been to the Albright-Knox gallery in Buffalo, NY?

-pretty impressive.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
350 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Have you noticed?

Hello all. Glad you enjoyed so much Roachy!

Yes, Jasperpoodle, I have noticed all these new names and I think it's great! I think it's a reflection of the fact that those that have been around longer welcome new ideas and suggestions and therefore new posters. Nobody seems to take things too seriously, just sharing opinions after all, and it's just such a... well... such a darn Canadian approach to the whole thing! :D

I think the more new ideas the better. As SnowFallingOC has been showing us with her trip reports, there's just sooooooo much to do, so many different types of events, so many different restaurants, of all kinds of foods, all price ranges, great shopping, fabulous Canadian and international designers... and today the International Festival of Authors wraps up a week of readings and interviews/round table discussions. New shows at the galleries and there's a gift show at the Ex's Automotive Building this weekend... I think it's great that people highlight what they like best to make it easier for ME to find the best out there to enjoy!!

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
350 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Have you noticed?

Goldie, it's 'cause people are strange... :)

Get answers to your questions about Toronto