We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights now booked

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
flights now booked

have now booked my flights to toronto end of next may for a week. now to start planing the rest of my trip

I am open to surgestions. our plan so far is to stay in toronto for 2 or 3 nights and hire a car to explore niagara falls area

Is it best to stay in niagara falls or stay in some other areas

we like sightseeing some shopping we have heared this is a good area for wine tasting any other ideas would be helpfull thanks

Culinary Adventure Co.
Beer Tastings & Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Walking Tours, Food Tours
Toronto Food Tours Inc.
Wine Tours & Tastings , Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Food Tours, Cooking Classes
Wine Tours Toronto
Wine Tours & Tastings
New World Wine Tours
Walking Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Day Trips
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,067 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flights now booked

Niagara is a good day trip, but I wouldn't suggest staying there for more than a day or two. It really depends on what you're in to. If you're only here for a week, that doesn't give you much time to explore other places in the area. There's plenty to see and do here in town. Are you a city person, or were you hoping to see some of the countryside? If you are a "city" person, you may not want to leave Toronto, there isn't much outside the downtown to see. If you want a trip up into the country, there are lots of parks and lakes and excursions you can go on to explore Ontario.

Let us know.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flights now booked

we like both citys and countryside

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flights now booked

If you chose to stay in Niagara Falls for a night try the Courtyard by Marriott. For a great view try the Ramada Plaza Hotel Fallsview. You can book tours in Niagara at a variety of Hotels to do your wine tasting. You can also get a bus from toronto to niagara Falls for a good rate. Most hotels have a shuttle service to get you around Niagara Falls. When in Niagara ,be prepared to pay about 30% more for food, souveniers...etc.

I hope you have a pleasant trip

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,067 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flights now booked

I would definitely take a trip to Niagara On The Lake when making your trek to the Falls and if you wish, that area is our wine region and has lots of wineries to visit along with taste testing and restaurants on site. A very good way to explore the country and take in the falls.

There were several long topics on this a few months back if you search the archives.

Good luck!

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flights now booked

Just came back from Toronto - went to Niagara for a day trip to see the falls. We just went to the main bus terminal in Toronto and got a Coach Canada bus to Niagara - these run more frequently than the Geyhound buses (both there and back) and cost about the same, around CAN$36 per person, including taxes, etc. The ride takes about 2 hours.

When in Niagara, there are buses from the Niagara termninal that will drop you off just up the road from the falls - the "Jubilee" line - takes about 10 minutes and costs CAN$2.50 per person.

Rides on the Maid of the Mist cost around CAN$13 per person - you get a free waterproof polythene overcoat thing!!!