We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October Visit

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
October Visit

My wife and I are planning a trip for our 10th Anniversary. We'd like to stop in The Niagara area a couple of days, then be in Toronto from about 10/6 to 10/10. Are there any festivals, events going on? Also, where is a nice place to stay that won't make parking a nightmare. Also, the most Romantic restaurant to celebrate our anniversay at? Thanks,

Toronto
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: October Visit

What about staying at the Holiday Inn on King St. (in the theater district). Have dinner on the CN tower (world highest) restaurant, which is 2 block away from the hotel and/or take in a show.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October Visit

I've read that one of the best places for parking is the Travelodge on King Street West. It is a 1950's style motor hotel that's been renovated, but has a large parking lot in the front. Read the reviews on this site to see what others have said about it. It may not be the most romantic hotel, though.

Driving and parking in Toronto can be nightmare-ish, so it might be better to park and take the subway/streetcars.

www.ttc.ca

Toronto
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October Visit

For romantic restaurants, try this...

http://www.toronto.com/best/results/6

There is also La Maquette on King Street East (at Jarvis).. pricey but romantic.