We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting from toronto to niagara

fife, scotland
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
getting from toronto to niagara

My boyfriend and I will be travelling to Canada in late April. We are flying into Toronto from Glasgow, then spending 3 nights at the Radisson Admiral in Toronto, and then 2 in the Marriott fallsview at Niagara Falls. Could anyone suggest the best way of getting from the airport to Toronto hotel, Toronto to Niagara, and then Niagara hotel to airport. I think niagaraairbus can do this. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

The O.C.in U.S.
Level Contributor
348 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting from toronto to niagara

I'd think about renting a car-it makes everything easier.The car gives you more freedom and options.If your coming all that way-you should maximize your experiences.We have been to Toronto and the Falls.You'll really enjoy the trip.Toronto is a great city to discover on foot.Niagra go behind the Falls fabulous. ENJOY

fife, scotland
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting from toronto to niagara

Thanks for the suggestion. How old do you have to be to rent a car in Canada? I know in Europe it is 21 but America is 25 I think. My boyfriend is 21 and so could rent a car if that is old enough, although i suspect Canada may be the same age as America.

Thanks.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,043 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting from toronto to niagara

The age varies from 21-25 depending on the service you go with. I just went with "Rent A Wreck" this weekend (which is a discount company that gives you older, used cars to rent, mine was a 1998) their age was 21. I paid (I think) about $85 for 3 days, and $20/day insurance. I just hope you're used to driving on the right side of the road! :-)

UK
Level Contributor
475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting from toronto to niagara

Hi Kc

Your boyfriend will be able to rent a car as he's 21, the daily surcharge for being under 25 should be the equivalent in Canadian of US$20 per day. That's Alamo's rules, I'm sure they'll all be pretty similar.

We're doing a similar trip to you and we've decided to take a taxi from the airport to our hotel. After our 5 nights in Toronto we're picking up a hire car from Alamo/Enterprise at Union Station then heading to Niagara for a 2 night stay and then we'll drop the car off at the airport for our flight home.

Good luck!