We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

meeting friends,good place to live....

mauritius island
2 posts
Save Topic
meeting friends,good place to live....

hi

ill be arriving in TO by the end of august to work as a french teacher in the noth york area.

i will have to find a 1bedroom appt.im looking for something nice and safe,also not too expensive!

i would like to know if its easy to meet people...

do you have any tips?

thanks a lot....

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: meeting friends,good place to live....

Torontonians are friendly if you need help, but can be a bit stand-offish, not very openly warm. I guess we like our personal space. Best bet is to go out to lunch with co-workers and take it from there. Also, joining a club of some sort might be good too.

As for accomodation, apartments here can be rather steep. If you're looking in the North York area, a nice, clean 1 bedroom apartment might run you from $750 to $1000/month. You might be able to get a studio or basement apartment for around $600-800/month.

Try looking at the classifieds at www.thestar.com (I think you may have to register for free first) or www.nowtoronto.com or www.eye.net.

There may also be some rental listings at www.mls.ca

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,701 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: meeting friends,good place to live....

Check out www.viewit.ca for apartment rental listings; you can search by location, price range, and apartment size.