We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manulife Center - Panorama Lounge

India
Level Contributor
145 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Manulife Center - Panorama Lounge

Hi,

I am planning to visit this place, mainly to take pictures. I would like to know if I should make a reservation and is there a dress code? I probably will go there early in the evening 5-6pm.

Thanks.

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manulife Center - Panorama Lounge

Although I've not been to the Panorama Lounge, a website states "Dress Code: upscale casual". The lounge is open 5pm-2am. www.eatertainment.com/restaurants/panorama/

Me? I'd call them ahead of time, just to ensure there's not a large private function the night you plan to visit. (416) 967-0000

India
Level Contributor
145 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manulife Center - Panorama Lounge

Any idea what is 'Upscale Casual'?

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manulife Center - Panorama Lounge

Here's a quote from WikiAnswers:

"I would say upscale casual is like dressy casual. Not jeans, and not a suit, its really somewhere in between. It's slacks and a sports jacket with boots. It's not sneakers and its not flip flops. It's relaxed business wear, something you would wear to dinner but not something you would wear to a professional type business profession."

India
Level Contributor
145 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manulife Center - Panorama Lounge

Uh..oh. I was not planning on packing any dress pants or nice shoes. I don't think I want to. Bummer.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manulife Center - Panorama Lounge

You'll be fine, there aren't too many really stuffy places in Toronto. As long as you don't show up with shorts, a t-shirt, a fanny pack and Mickey Mouse ears, you'll be fine ;-)

India
Level Contributor
145 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manulife Center - Panorama Lounge

May be I will give it a try. Never been to a place where they require certain dress code. I don't know how embarrassing it will be if denied entry.

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
671 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Manulife Center - Panorama Lounge

Just go early, there probably won't be too many people there around 5 or so and they won't care too much at that time.

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,039 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manulife Center - Panorama Lounge

Howdy; I know the folks up there. It does have one of the best views in town, if your pants are clean and you're not drooling, you'll probably be fine...

Don't need dress pants, truly a pair of cords and a collared shirt and you'll be fine. Just don't do jeans and a T or you'd feel outta place. If you go earlier in the eve for a drink, you'll be in with the work set, and they aren't a club crowd up there; it caters to the neighbourhood, which is now populated with a lotta people sporting dress up yoga wear!!!

Of course, CN Tower is the ultimate for skyhigh pix of Toronto, so...but it's a whole lot more $$$ than Manulife Centre.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Manulife Center - Panorama Lounge

I have only been there once... I think we went around 6ish or maybe earlier... their weren't a lot of people around. I don't think you'd have an issue without a reservation. Although check beforehand to make sure they are not booked for a private party. That's all.

The sunset looks beautiful from up there. Amazing!!! So make sure you get up there some time before the sunset, so you can settle in and enjoy.

They are not stuck-ups about the dress code. Especially early on in the evening. You can even wear jeans. I was a little more formally dressed, but there were so many people around me in jeans and stuff. Just make sure you are presentable.

ohop
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Manulife Center - Panorama Lounge

hello awesome place for drinks, appetizers, young people and the best view in Toronto but it is a nice place so casual dress no shorts and depending on the day if it is a weekend make a reservation for sure!!!

Get answers to your questions about Toronto