We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limos and donuts!!

ireland
Level Contributor
91 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Limos and donuts!!

Hi everyone ,

Visiting Toronto in Aug and have settled on getting a limo from airport to downtown.

It seems to work out at about $40. If there are six of us do we have to pay an extra per person charge , baggage charge and is tax included ?

Our children would also like to know who sells the best donuts and where is the biggest shop ?

Thanks for any help.

Hamilton, ON
Level Contributor
942 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Limos and donuts!!

For shopping Eaton's Centre is your best bet.

For doughnuts, the two best places are Tim Horton's and Krispy Creame.

Toronto
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Limos and donuts!!

I'll go with Tim Horton anything....no Krispy Kream for me, unless you like to eat your donut with 5,000 g of sugar, it's rediculously greasy and sweet! Yuck!

LONDON
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Limos and donuts!!

Hi robomom, we are going in August too!Have you booked a speific limo company as i'm considering this too as we are also staying downtown at the delta chelsea.Tim hortons are suppossed to be the best donuts-this is our fist time, so don't know personally and the eaton centre looks huge.However if your a huge walmart lover like me and are prepared to travel, according to my research, the square one mall looks very impressive and holds the biggest walmart in the world!I cannot wait-lol!

Toronto
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Limos and donuts!!

Happytraveller,

Are you planning to go to Sq 1 just for Walmart? You are joking right? Unless you have a car, or else, it's not very easy to get there, and it's FAR AWAY from downtown!! It will take you 1+hr each way... Unless you are planning to buy lots of stuff, or else, it's not worth the effort...

If you still want to visit Walmart, go to some other ones that are in midtown...

LONDON
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Limos and donuts!!

LOL ,no Jettisan, i just liked the sound of the mall from reviews that i've read and hope to go to playdium, which i believe is close?So i was thinking of taking in the mall and walmart as well.It's funny to many brits walmart is a must-lol!I believe my nearest to the delta is in dufferin mall and will definately be going to that one.

canada
Level Contributor
7,659 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Limos and donuts!!

I like to understand why Walmart is attractive to Brit shoppers. Here it represents cheap products with frequently fluctuating pricing. We shop there because they usually stock a certain item (irrespective of brand) which we need urgently. For quality stuff yet moderately priced, my choice is Loblaw/Superstore (sharing the same ownership with Selfridges).

Square one is in Mississauga. There are hotels close by. A GO train station (Cooksville) is located about 1 km south of the square.

LONDON
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Limos and donuts!!

Hi, i suppose in the main, british shoppers cannot believe how low the prices are in comparison to similar places back home.We really do pay through the nose on many items so for this reason-particulary if you look on florida forums, you will notice that walmart gets a very big mention,lol.

Toronto
Level Contributor
459 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Limos and donuts!!

If youve got kids then you probably know about Paramount-Wonderland. It is a huge amusement park about 45 minutes north of downtown. All day pass with big waterpark, rides, etc. in August make sure your kids have sunscreen, it is hot, sunny and waterparks are popular. I am sure there is a regular shuttle bus available to Wonderland from downtown.

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
394 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Limos and donuts!!

Hi

Don;t know about limo's but when I was in Toronto last month I discovered Tim Hortons, wau better than Krispy kreme and nice coffee than starbucks (imo). there are so many flavours, get a box of 'timbits' (donut balls) and you can see which one you like best.

p.s. tim's coffee is available to buy to take home and their walnut brownies are wonderful.

Toronto
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Limos and donuts!!

I don't drink coffee, so I don't know...but I heard Tim Horton's coffee is the best!

I do like Tim Horton's Ice Cappacino :) and Maple Pecan Danish, yum yum :D