We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Via Rail Reservations

kuwait
1 post
Save Topic
Via Rail Reservations

Hi!

We are planning a trip to Montreal from Toronto around the 14th of June and plan to take the VIA rail.However, our plans are not finalised as yet so I do not want to make bookings thro the VIA website.

Is it difficult to get availabilty if you book last moment? I notice that the frequency of trains to Montreal from Toronto is great. Is there any last moment deals on train fares?

Thank you.

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Via Rail Reservations

There are no last-minute deals on trains. You may wish to consider travelling on a Saturday to save. With Sat travel in Comfort class (Economy), you get 50% off full adult fare, if adult Liberty fare is $72 or less. For that, tickets must be purchased at least 24 hours before departure.

www.viarail.ca/flexifares/en_index.html explains the basic fare structure. To get "Comfort Super fare", you must purchase 5 days or more before departure. The number of seats at that fare is limited. You can go on the website and have a look now as if to buy - the system will be very clear when you're at the stage of "no turning back" with the purchase.

My advice? Buy just as soon as you can, keeping in mind the cost for change - depending on the fare selected..