We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itravel 2000

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
itravel 2000

I have dealt with itravel 2000 since they started up...and they were good. However, after they company was sold in 2004 they don't seem to take the same concerns about their customers. I booked a trip to Huatulco, Mexico back in May 2009 for a journey in November. I advised by e-mail what section of the Barcelo Hotel I wanted and also as my wife cannot walk, needed transportation on arrival in Huatulco, instead of the ususal bus. When I arrived in Huatulco the representatives had not been advised of any of this so I ended up having to take a $35.00 U.S. taxi and when I arrived at the hotel, they also had no instructions about the hotel section etc. I ended up with a room which was about 20 feet away from a disco. What a racket....When I got back to Toronto I wrote to itravel 2000. I did not get a reply, just a cheque for $35.00 Cdn. I might add, I checked with their rep (Maggie Filmore) the day before we left and was advised everything was taken care of. It seems that all itravel 2000 was concerned about was their commission. I will not travel with them again

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: itravel 2000

thanks...I've used them several times over the years. Good to know!

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: itravel 2000

I've used itravel to book vacations several times - never had issues. They aren't the actual tour operator, just a sales agent. Most special requests need to be followed through with the TO and resort - email is the best way as you have it in writing. When discount vacation packages are booked, sometimes the room and services are comprimised. If you bought the cheapest package, you usually end up in the least desirable room. I've experienced this and you need to be prepared to argue your way into something better on arrival, usually with hotel management at that point. As for transportation, your beef is with the TO and with a little pressure the extra you spent should be recoverable considering your circumstance.

BTW- I'm impressed they gave you a check

Edited: 5:34 pm, January 23, 2010
Quebec
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: itravel 2000

nice post - we are considering using them to also go to Mexico. Thanks for the heads up. Anybody else have any problems "recently"?

4. Re: itravel 2000

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 25, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Toronto