We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suggestions.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,064 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel suggestions.

It has been five years since I last visited Sudbury and I was wondering if there are any new hotels in the city. Right now I am looking at the Fairfield, but maybe there is something else I am not aware of.

Thanks for any help.

Edited: 10:14 am, January 31, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for Sudbury
Level Contributor
570 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suggestions.

Hello!

The Fairfield is a nice choice in New Sudbury and definitely has many great reviews.

Other new hotels in Sudbury include the Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites which are located in the southern end of Sudbury (near Hwy 69S and Hwy 17 bypass). Both are Hilton brands.

Near the Fairfield is another new hotel by Marriott, the Townplace Suites.

I hope this helps!

Edited: 4:31 pm, February 02, 2013
northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,064 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suggestions.

Hi Kristy,

Yes, it helped thanks so much. I just booked the Fairfield although the Townplace looked nice too. Don't know how I missed that one when I looked on the TA hotel page for Sudbury as it is there plain as day. I will maybe try that one if we ever have an extended stay as it looks like they have a fully equipped suite.

Are there any new shops in Sudbury...specifically for women's clothes?

Thanks again for your help.

Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for Sudbury
Level Contributor
570 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel suggestions.

Northerndecorator - not sure why but I missed the notification of your post otherwise I could have made some recommendations. I hope you were able to find a few new shops on your own ;)

Most of the new stores are located in the new box store development off of Second Avenue (behind Costco) and there have been a couple of additions to the New Sudbury Centre as well. Shopping here seems to be getting better each year.

I hope you had a nice trip to Sudbury!

Edited: 10:56 pm, March 15, 2013
northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,064 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel suggestions.

No worries Kristy, in fact at the last minute my appt was cancelled so now I am not going to Sudbury until April ..so I will check out your shopping suggestions. Looking forward to it.

Many thanks!

5. Re: Hotel suggestions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, July 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sudbury
Recent Conversations