We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train

Orillia, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
train

does Sudbury have a train stop over

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train

The Toronto-Vancouver 'canadian' running 3 times a week stops at Sudbury. Is that what you mean? www.viarail.ca

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: train

Sadly, the times aren't very convenient -- the Vancouver-bound train stops in Sudbury Junction (11 km from downtown Sudbury) at 5:13 am and the Toronto-bound train at 1:17 am.

It's probably more practical to get to Sudbury by bus (Greyhound and Ontario Northland) or air.

King Kirkland...
Level Contributor
3 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train

Just a note the train does not stop in Sudbury but stops in Sudbury Junction. It is not that close and would require a cab ride to sudbury. You could always take the Northlander (it may stop running very soon but for the time being) to North Bay and catch a bus from there. The train and bus station are in the same building in North Bay.

Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for Sudbury
Level Contributor
570 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train

I agree with the previous posts. The train is not the best mode of transportation to Sudbury right now. The passenger train stop is well outside of the city centre.

Best bet for public transportation is the bus.

Though if you are visiting from a major centre I would recommend checking out the air prices from Porter Airlines. I was just booking some flights on their current sale and it was less than $200 round trip from Toronto to Sudbury for my dates.

5. Re: train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 04, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sudbury
Recent Conversations