We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for Dinner on a Sunday in Sudbury?

Which Sudbury hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
14 posts
Save Topic
Recommendations for Dinner on a Sunday in Sudbury?

My husband and I are traveling to Sudbury on Sunday of the Labour Day weekend. Any suggestions for where we should eat dinner? I have checked a lot of the recommended restaurants and none of them seem to be open on Sunday. We would prefer a non-chain restaurant. Thanks for your help!

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for Dinner on a Sunday in Sudbury?

Hello NPV,

My very favorite restaurant in Sudbury is a place called "Respect is Burning." I don't think I have ever come across a restaurant with such a unique name, it's unforgettable that's for sure. Anyhow the food there is amazing! I had a salad for my appetizer that was really different..it had slices of pears in it and it was really fresh and delicious. Personally I feel it is the best restaurant in Sudbury. I can't imagine that it wouldn't be open on Sunday, but just to be sure I would drop them an email. They have a contact page on their website.

http://ribsupperclub.com/

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g155016-d7…

Ottawa
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for Dinner on a Sunday in Sudbury?

Thank you so much for your help. I truly appreciate it! Unfortunately, the RIB restaurant is not open on Sundays. The person who contacted me from RIB doubts that any independent restaurants are open on Sundays. Therefore, we will be eating in a chain restaurant. Any recommendations?

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for Dinner on a Sunday in Sudbury?

Hi NPV,

No problem at all, I am just sorry RIB is not open Sunday, I am surprised by that.

My second choice would be The Keg.

It's at 1396 Kingsway Rd

705-525-0802

Best wishes.

Onaping, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for Dinner on a Sunday in Sudbury?

my favorite places is Ripe, by the holiday inn. I am not sure if it is open.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for Dinner on a Sunday in Sudbury?

The Apollo is open for dinner on Sundays. Food's good - best ceasar in Sudbury.

http://www.apollorestaurant.ca/hours.htm

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for Dinner on a Sunday in Sudbury?

Hi thewayiseeit1.

I never even knew there was such a place, so I really appreciate your post. We're always looking for nice places to eat when we're in Sudbury, so I have made a note. From every site I checked the restaurant seems to get consistently good reviews.

Thx again.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations for Dinner on a Sunday in Sudbury?

You're welcome. Though we live in the GTA, I'm originally from Sudbury. We've eaten there many times and have never been disappointed in the quality of food and service. The restaurant itself my be a little "tired", but still comfortable.

Reservations (especially weekends) are recommended - it's very popular with the locals and has a very loyal following.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendations for Dinner on a Sunday in Sudbury?

Thanks for the tip about the reservations! Seeing as you know Sudbury - do you have any idea which hotel would be the best in the city? I know that is not part of this original thread, but thought I would see if you have any thoughts on that.

Thx!

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,304 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendations for Dinner on a Sunday in Sudbury?

I wanted to respond to this question, but couldn't remember the name of the restaurant. A few years ago I stayed in a hotel (not an expensive one) and the restaurant right in the hotel was wonderful. It had been recommended to me and I wasn't disappointed. Perhaps someone can recognize which one I'm talking about - it wasn't downtown, rather out near the lake.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommendations for Dinner on a Sunday in Sudbury?

New Sudbury - Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott is good.

It's easy enough to get to, clean and comfortable in a good part of town. Downtown can be an interesting place on Friday and Saturday nights.

Get answers to your questions about Sudbury
Recent Conversations