We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fairfield inn vs homewood suites

Which Sudbury hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
53 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
fairfield inn vs homewood suites

will be in sudbury

which is better

fairfield inn or homewood suites?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fairfield inn vs homewood suites

Hi FredShuuz,

Welcome to the SUDBURY TRAVEL FORUM

Did you check the HOTEL REVIEWS Section? That is certainly where to find the most current info on how a Hotel is doing in regards to Customer Satisfaction… (remember, those who live locally, don’t usually have the opportunity to stay overnight… which is why the HOTEL REVIEWS are your best source of info).

As of today (Saturday, December 18, 2010) at just before Noon EST, the TA Rankings are as follows:

HOMEWOOD SUITES SUDBURY ONTARIO = Ranked at # 1 out of 26 Hotels for Sudbury. A 3 Star Hotel (as awarded by the Hotel Industry based on facilities). This Hotel has 4-1/2 HOOTS for Satisfaction as awarded by TA Members like yourself who have submitted TA HOTEL REVIEWS. Todate there are 16 Reviews, of that 10 gave it an Excellent and 5 gave it a Very Good, which accounts for its 93% Thumbs Up recommendation. The latest Review is dated October 12, 2010. (As well this Hotel is ranked # 3 for Business Travellers to the area).

FAIRFIELD INN & SUITES SUDBURY = Ranked at # 2 out of 26 Hotels for Sudbury. This is an Un-Starred Property (means that the Hotel Industry hasn’t rated it). And has 4 HOOTS for TA Member Satisfaction. Todate there are 30 TA HOTEL REVIEWS, of that 12 gave it an Excellent, and 15 gave it a Very Good, which accounts for its 90% Thumbs Up recommendation. The latest Review is dated October 17, 2010. (As well this Hotel is ranked # 4 for Business Travellers to the area… and also a TA Top Value, as it is a bit cheaper to stay here than some of its direct competition).

As always, I suggest that you read thru the Comments Portion of the TA HOTEL REVIEWS as well… and see what Travellers consider to be the Pros & Cons for each property.

Of note, I see that Homewood Suites are quite aware of TripAdvisor, in that they now have someone in Management reading their HOTEL REVIEWS and replying… as a long time TA Member, I see this as a positive thing and that the Hotel has a true interest in Customer Service (and a knowledge of how being active in social networking websites can work for them… or against them if they aren’t a proactive Vendor).

And although these two Hotels are indeed close in the Rankings, they are also at opposite ends of town… so that may come into play in regards to where you’ll be spending most of your time. And if you are travelling on Business… you might want to note that Business Travellers consider the Hampton Inn Sudbury their # 1 choice.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for Sudbury
Level Contributor
564 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fairfield inn vs homewood suites

I know my post is a little late for Fred but I hope to add some information that will help future travellers. I think it is important to have information from someone who has actually been to Sudbury.

From a local perspective I can tell you that both hotels are relatively new (within the last 5 years) and both have great reputations.

Fairfield Inn - is often booked solid so definitely requires reservations. Is located in the area called "New Sudbury" and is closer to the majority of shopping (the largest mall, box stores, Costco) and restaurants like the Keg, Montanas, Kelseys, Pat & Marios, and directly beside Tutti Fruitis (great breakfast place and I believe the hotel provides coupons for this restaurant as well as the Keg). For business travellers - this location is closer to the communities of Falconbridge, Coniston and the Nickel Rim Mine. It is also closer to the airport and to Cambrian College.

Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites - are located on the same property (Homewood geared towards longterm stay) in the Southend of Sudbury directly on hwy 400/69. It is one of the first things you will see as you enter the city from the south. It is located next to a Pizza Hut and across from a Swiss Chalet. Other restaurants nearby include a couple of sushi places and a bunch of fast food outlets. There is some shopping nearby (a small mall) and a grocery store. For business travellers: located 8-10 minutes from Copper Cliff, Lively, and the Walden Industrial Park. It is also closer to the Regional Hospital and Laurentian University.

Both properties have tonnes of parking and both have pools.

Anyone looking for information on Sudbury can feel free to message me. I am not on the boards everyday but am more than willing to assist travellers to beautiful Northern Ontario.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fairfield inn vs homewood suites

TO KRISTY31,

Great post... glad to hear that you'd be willing to help Travellers to Northern Ontario out... us "Southerners" try our best to pitch in where we can... but nothing like having someone in the area to give first-hand local advice.

Look forward to seeing you around the FORUMS.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for Sudbury
Level Contributor
564 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fairfield inn vs homewood suites

Wine 4-2 - I definitely want to help out where I can but am a busy girl and not able to regularly monitor the boards. Usually when I have time to get on TA it is to research my own upcoming trips!

Sudbury is much different that some S.Ontarians think...for starters, its a city of about 160,000 people...which comes as a big surprise to many who assume it is a small community. Also, It is only a 3.5 hour drive now to Toronto.

Thanks for your help. Your posts are always very informative and I'm sure they are very helpful for new TA users.

Edited: 3:53 pm, February 03, 2011
5. Re: fairfield inn vs homewood suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, February 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sudbury
Recent Conversations