We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for a quiet grownup meal (Non-chain)?

Which Sudbury hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
553 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Best place for a quiet grownup meal (Non-chain)?

Will be visiting on saturday and looking for nice dinner...Don't know Sudbury at all and the last time we were there we drove around on our own looking for something and could only find chain restaurant after chain restaurant with their horrible, bland food. Please, no Kelseys, Caseys, Montanas, East Side Marios, Boston Pizza, etc...

Any quiet bistro-style places with nice atmosphere, sophisticated food?

We like wide range of food, Italian, Thai, Vietnamese, Indian...We mainly want someplace quiet, not full of loud parties or the kind of place where you can barely hear the person across from you because of all the clatter.

Thanks

Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for Sudbury
Level Contributor
568 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Best place for a quiet grownup meal (Non-chain)?

That's awesome!

I've heard of similar stories from people deep sea fishing but never inside a pike. Very cool story - hope you got some good pics!

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
417 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Best place for a quiet grownup meal (Non-chain)?

Old topic but figured I'd add for future reference... surprised no one has mentioned Ripe Restaurant and Dessert Bar on Regent St. Delicious food and great desserts. Usually good service. Best restaurant in Sudbury IMHO.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Best place for a quiet grownup meal (Non-chain)?

Completely agree with you about Respect is Buring, it stand at the middle-class type of budget but the meal is so good

Onaping, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Best place for a quiet grownup meal (Non-chain)?

My favorite places is called Ripe , its on Regent close to the Holiday Inn its very sophisticated, the food is cooked in a brick oven and its amazing. It is also well priced.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,058 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Best place for a quiet grownup meal (Non-chain)?

Hello Brouse_family.

I just came across this thread and have a question for you. The restaurant you mentioned 'Ripe"...is this a new place? I am always on the look out for good places to eat in Sudbury. Thanks for your help.

Canada
Level Contributor
373 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Best place for a quiet grownup meal (Non-chain)?

I want to add another recommendation for Ripe! it's fabulous. I realize this is an old thread but it's worth bumping.

Ripe is on Regent in that mini mall/office place beside McDonald's. I remember as a kid that was a video store!! LOL.

The food was exceptional.

Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for Sudbury
Level Contributor
568 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Best place for a quiet grownup meal (Non-chain)?

Wow so glad this topic has been revived. I am also a fan of Ripe Restaurant and you can find my full review entitled here: tripadvisor.ca/…REVIEWS

The atmosphere is great for a grownup date night and I have never been disappointed by the angus beef feature.

Another great option is the relatively new restaurant The Cinco Centavos which is marketing itself as Sudbury's Fine Wine and Beer Eatery. It is a small intimate restaurant located in downtown Sudbury that features tapas in the evening.

For more info check out their website: http://www.thecincocentavos.com/

28. Re: Best place for a quiet grownup meal (Non-chain)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, July 04, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Sudbury
Recent Conversations