We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant choice for group dinner

Which Stratford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
89 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant choice for group dinner

I have a group of 25 ladies going to Stratford for a Saturday matinee and overnight stay. In the past we have dined at the Annex, twice, Bentley's and Felinni's, when they still had a big room in the basement, for our dinner. I would like to try something new this time.

Money is an issue for some ladies others don't care as long as they get a nice dinner. I want to go to a place where someone on a budget would have a couple choices in the $15 range.

Right now I am choosing between Rene's, Felinni's, and York Street Station. All have told me that could accomodate us.

Does anyone have an opinion about group dinner at any of these places?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
89 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurant choice for group dinner

Trip Report-5th trip in 7 years for this group

1)Music Man...simply amazing, great actors, good music, lovely costumes and we had superb seats

2) Lunch at York Street Station- 5 of us ate here upon arrival in Stratford. It was a first for all of us. The restaurant is small and eccentric. We loved all the bright colors. I had a curried chicken salad on sour dough bread. It was huge and reasonably priced as well as delicious. The restaurant was very crowded due to a large 50th birthday party but we found a table for 5 in the back. We are wondering about dining here for dinner next time we are in town.

3) Dinner at Felinni's- 26 of us ate in the main dining area on Saturday night. In fact we took the whole area. We received good service and when the bill came they gave us all separate bills even the dessert. Mine was 1 casear salad, 1/2 pizza and 1/4 flourless chocolate cake. Pretty amazing they split the bills to that detail!

4) Arden Park Hotel- Always my favorite part. We had 10 rooms in the new wing. The rooms in the new wing are so lovely with green walls, cherry furniture and white bed linens. Silk flowers are on the wall and table and even though they aren't real they are a nice touch. Rooms are always clean here. This hotel has a very loyal staff who are very professional.

5) Arden Park Hotel Sunday Brunch- The best deal in Stratford at $14 person. Omelets, pancakes, sausages, bacon, eggs benedict, endless salads, breads, carved roast beef, potatoes, cheeses, juices, desserts. It is always great.

We are always happy with Stratford. Next year we are talking about going for West Side Story.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurant choice for group dinner

Hi Dragoms,

Thank You soooo much for sharing your wonderful Trip Report... sounds like you and the gals had a fantastic weekend away.

You've now given me some great insight into some places I really should check out on my next visit.

Nice of Felinni's to split the bill down to such great detail... a true class act!

I have to agree with you on Music Man... I loved it. I thought the choreography in particular was subperb... and the opening (with the salesmen on the train) fantastic... the concept of them using their sales cases that folded out to seating, and all the coordinated body movement you very quickly believed they were swaying with the movement of the train... all that and they have to sing and act at the same time. Truly amazing!

Don't forget to do your Reviews (I still have one left to do... ironically it is for the Music Man). The Stratford Festival could use the publicity, I hear their attendance numbers are down.

As you no doubt know the 2009 Scheduled List is out:

Macbeth

West Side Story

Cyrano de Bergerac

A Midsummer Night's Dream

The Importance of Being Earnest

Julius Caesar

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

Bartholomew Fair

Three Sisters

Ever Yours, Oscar

Phedre

The Tresspassers

Rice Boy

Zastrozzi

Still no word on who the big name guest performers will be, but at first glance I'm definitely planning my 2009 trip.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

K2C
Stratford, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurant choice for group dinner

I've read the previous replies to this post. One last thought would be to call places like the Sunroom, Keystone Alley etc and ask if they would cater to you with a set menu. (Price is fixed and you usually will get a paired down version of the regular menu). This way you may get to dine in a 'better' restaurant without sacrificing food and server quality.

Best of Luck and Happy Travelling.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,137 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Restaurant choice for group dinner

Old post from October 2008

No need to reply

15. Re: Restaurant choice for group dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, October 15, 2009