We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Home Rentals Near Peterborough

Which Peterborough hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northumberland
Level Contributor
48 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Home Rentals Near Peterborough

Hi There,

My child will be takimg part in a hockey camp in Peterborough this year. Rather than stay in an hotel, we would much prefer to rent a home on one of the lakes. Does anyone have any ideas, links, websites that may help us?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
326 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Home Rentals Near Peterborough

I presume you are talking about a summer hockey camp?

The local tourism website is at www.thekawarthas.net. It includes a section on accommodation. There are many housekeeping resorts in the area, listed under “Resorts and Cottages” in the “Dine and Stay” section. Among those that you might consider are the Irwin Inn on Stoney lake, and Scotsman’s Point Resort or Six Foot Bay Resort, both on Upper Buckhorn Lake. Both are within 30 minutes drive north of Peterborough city. There is also Elmhurst’s Resort on Rice Lake, which is south of town.

Best regards.

Northumberland
Level Contributor
48 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Home Rentals Near Peterborough

Fantastic! Thanks for this and yes, it is a summer hockey camp. I have been on that website already, but still looking. Booking the flight and the hockey camp were the easy bits!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Home Rentals Near Peterborough

Hi dtec001,

Here's another route... into GOOGLE type Ontario Cottages... a bunch of websites will come up that have cottages all over Ontario for rent. Most of these Websites have listings by Towns or Areas, so you might find something there... in the very least, you'll have tons more to choose from.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Northumberland
Level Contributor
48 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Home Rentals Near Peterborough

Thanks for this one too. Sooooo much choice!

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Home Rentals Near Peterborough

I've had a cottage on Chandos Lake for my entire life.

I would highly recommend you looking at Lakefield. Really quaint little town less than 1/2 hour from Peterborough with swimmable lakes.

Some lakes in the area are really weedy. Please check out Lakefield.

6. Re: Holiday Home Rentals Near Peterborough

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, October 19, 2009