We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pelee island and grape virus

ancaaster
1 post
Save Topic
pelee island and grape virus

I have heard that Pelee Island vineyards were responsible for saving many of the vineyards in Europe because their root stock was immune to certain plant diseases that were attacking the vines. What can you tell me about this?

Toronto, On
Level Contributor
92 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pelee island and grape virus

We just got back from Pelee Island and went on the vineyard tour. I don't believe it was the Pelee Vineyards themselves but a variety of the North American root stock. Vineyards have come and gone on Pelee (it is naturally marshy and has to be pumped out continuously to support the vineyards) so I'm not sure what was around when this happened. If you contact the Pelee Island winery or check their website they probably can give you the details. The island is definitely NOT worth a trip to find out the details or do anything else there for that matter.

2. Re: pelee island and grape virus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, August 16, 2009