We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ottawa for 2 days in winter

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Ottawa for 2 days in winter

hey guys,

My boyfriend and me are visiting ottawa for 2 days during the US Thanksgiving.It is going to be awfully cold during that time and Im looking for places which are interesting to see with not much outdoor activities.I know Ottawa is filled with museums,unfortunately my boyfriend isnt a huge fan of museums.So,Im wondering what else is there to see/do..Pleaaaassseee help me out!!!

Cambridge, Ontario
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ottawa for 2 days in winter

lots to do in Otttawa! and the reality is, it's not that cold yet... although a winter jacket and a hat may serve you well.

go to ottawatourism.com for lots to do.

the one museum that is really worth it is the Museum of Civilization in Gatineau. You can walk across the bridge near the Parliament buildings... speaking of which - that tour is well worth the time.

There's shopping and shows. The Byward Market has lots of eating/drinking/entertainment establishments in a compact and walkable area.

If you want someplace fun to stay, try the HI Hostel Ottawa Jail. (The jail tour is really cool.)

If there isn't snow yet, and you want to do outdoor stuff... rent a couple of bikes and there are tons of trails.

Bus service is amazing... you can get anywhere... grab a system map and go.

Have fun!

2. Re: Ottawa for 2 days in winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, August 21, 2009