We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer Holiday in September/October

Which Ottawa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Summer Holiday in September/October

We're a couple based in Ottawa looking to go on vacation for a week in late September/early October. I know a lot of places are in hurricane season but the that doesn't necessarily put me off.

I was looking at Cancun but that seems to be too humid for us. Then I looked at Montego Bay but most of the hotels are all inclusive and we don't like that.

In summary, we're looking to go somewhere for a week with sun, some things to do and nice places to walk to restaurants. Our budget for flights is generous, for a hotel it's about $230 per night.

We've done Florida before and really enjoyed that but don't want to do the same again

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer Holiday in September/October

Hi Nigel,

You recieved many suggestions when you posted the same question in January: tripadvisor.com/…55183532

Also your Montreal based thread has given you some other pointers.

With respect, your question is far, far too broad to elicit any form of meaningful response. It will generate responses like, "I went to Aruba and it was great".. or "Hotel xxx in yyy was wonderful". If that is what you want to hear... then fine... but there are hundreds if not thousands of destinations which meet your defined criteria... I STRONGLY suggest you do at least some basic research on your own... then come back with a more refined query.

Happy Trails :)

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer Holiday in September/October

Pretty much anywhere in the Caribbean is going to be humid in September and October as it is the rainy season. Aruba would be one exception as its climate is more arid. It also has a lot of non-AI hotels. You might also want to have a look at Negril in Jamaica. Great beach for walking (and swimming) and lots of good non-AI hotels and restaurants.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer Holiday in September/October

My suggestion is go and meet with a travel agent.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
12,093 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer Holiday in September/October

Fly to Europe that will give you a change of pace...........

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Summer Holiday in September/October

Thanks to all who replied.

I have done some research - but I appreciate I didn't put that across in my first post.

I have narrowed my choices down to;

- Barbados

- Cancun

- Aruba

- Los Angeles

- New Orleans

It seems I won't be able to avoid the risk of rain so I might be better off booking this holiday at the very last minute. Bit worried prices will go up - some places they seem to go down if you book late but other places it seems to be the opposite!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Summer Holiday in September/October

Good stuff! All interesting choices... I'm sure you know the drill then... post on the Barbados, Cancun, Aruba, LA and New Orleans sites for more details...

You probably won't get much help for those locations on the Ottawa site ;)

Happy Trails...

7. Re: Summer Holiday in September/October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 15, 2015