We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Walking Trails within 30-40 minutes of Ottawa?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Best Walking Trails within 30-40 minutes of Ottawa?

I'd be very grateful for some recommendations for walking trails that are within a 40 minutes drive from downtown Ottawa. I did Pink Lake recently, which was great and would like to do something similar. Around or near a lake is my preference but anywhere interesting would be good.

I'd particularly like to see wildlife if there's anywhere good for that?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Walking Trails within 30-40 minutes of Ottawa?

Check into the Gatineau hills, some great wildlife up there...

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Walking Trails within 30-40 minutes of Ottawa?

Thanks, I'll have a look

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Walking Trails within 30-40 minutes of Ottawa?

There is the Prescott-Rusell trail (including the extention called the Prescott-Russell pathway that extends into Ottawa), It is a gravel path most of the way, so it is easy walking but very nice. One area we were in had a massive Trillum field.

Dolmain ridge, and the Mer Blue Bog Boardwalk are also great places to walk. I think the info is on the city of Ottawa website. (or the NCC one)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Walking Trails within 30-40 minutes of Ottawa?

There's a smaller trail near Brittania Park around Mud Lake. It's nice and quiet, rarely a lot of people around there. Out towards the Casselman area there are some really nice trails as well!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Walking Trails within 30-40 minutes of Ottawa?

There's a smaller trail near Brittania Park around Mud Lake. It's nice and quiet, rarely a lot of people around there. Out towards the Casselman area there are some really nice trails as well!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Walking Trails within 30-40 minutes of Ottawa?

Mer Bleue Bog is an option, and here's the link to the NCC and all their trails:

ncc-ccn.gc.ca/places-to-visit/…mer-bleue

7. Re: Best Walking Trails within 30-40 minutes of Ottawa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, May 17, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Ottawa