We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool time

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Pool time

Thinking of going to Ottawa this summer and one of my musts is an outdoor pool, preferably in downtown area. Anyone know if there are any places like that

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pool time

I don't think you will find many outdoor adult pools in Ottawa, except for maybe the RA Center where I believe a membership is required. Some of the parks have splashpads and wading pools for the little ones, and there are indoor swimming pools that are open year-round.

If you have your heart set on swimming and fresh air, you can try one of our beaches -- Mooney's Bay on the Rideau River just above Hog's Back Falls,

https:/…

or one of the beaches along the Ottawa River:

ottawa.ca/en/…archives-beach-water-quality

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,334 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pool time

If you are looking for a hotel with an outdoor pool, you can do a search of Ottawa hotels under the green tab above, using swimming pool as a filter to sort. But I think you will find that most hotel pools in Ottawa are indoors.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pool time

Thanks but don't want the beach. I love relaxing by the pool after a few hours of sightseeing

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pool time

Isn't there always public outdoor pools from the city services ? Not sure if I call them places to relax at since many pools have a ton of kids playing in them and it can be so loud at times but all places I have seen offer day passes for just a few dollars and some have adult swim hours.

That is if you can not find a hotel with an outdoor pool..maybe check the motels, they seem to have more outdoor pools..I know for a fact most Niagara motels have outdoor pools and most the fancy hotels have indoor pools.

If you want to stay at a hotel and can't find any with outdoor pools, then I would look into public pools and get a hotel room near by.....by the way, whats wrong with the beach, I prefer them over pools unless we are talking about private pools

Edited: 10:31 pm, February 23, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pool time

Here's a link to outdoor pools maintained and operated by the City of Ottawa. In my experience, they are usually very crowded with young children and day care groups - which is a great thing; however perhaps not the environment you are looking for (?)

ottawa.ca/en/…pool-locations

Ottawa
Level Contributor
675 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pool time

Hi, it's either a downtown hotel with indoor pool, this is a cold city after all or stay outside of downtown in a motel/airport hotel setting with an outdoor pool.

How about

http://www.monterey.ca/default-en.html

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pool time

The Hilton Lac-Leamy across the river in Gatineau has a large indoor/outdoor pool. I know it used to be open both inside and outside during the winter... but you might want to call to confirm.\

It's within sight of Downtown Ottawa

8. Re: Pool time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 26, 2015