We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Im coming from D.C. to the Blues festival

Which Ottawa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington D.C.
5 posts
Save Topic
Im coming from D.C. to the Blues festival

Im planning a 10 day stay in Ottawa for the Blues festival. I have found a very good price for a suite at Cartier Place..It says it's a 3 star I was wondering if I could get some feedback regarding the quality and location of the Cartier Place hotel.

Is it close to the Blues festival?

Is the Hotel nice enough?..Im not too particular..safe, clean, and moderately comfortable is all Im asking...Im not expecting a Heavenly bed or a managers evening wine event or anything like that. Quite frankly, I am hoping to be sightseeing in the day and listening to music all night so Im basically only going to be sleeping and showering there

This forum is a great source of information Thanks to all who contribute. and Thanks in advance for any feedback anyone can provide

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Im coming from D.C. to the Blues festival

As far as I know this hotel is OK. The website I checked actually had it as a 4 star.

The location is excellent, a 5 min walk from the blues festival (I think it is at Confederation Park),

There are lots of bars and great places to eat right on Elgin St, (the Hotel is on Cooper at Elgin)

Washington D.C.
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Im coming from D.C. to the Blues festival

Neilalex Thanks so much for your feedback. Im looking forward to my trip to Ottawa It sounds like a great city and the Blues festival is chock full of great bands. it's good to know that about the restraunts and bars in the area too. Thanks again...

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Im coming from D.C. to the Blues festival

Huxleygal, Ottawa is a great city and the bands that come for this festival always put on a great show and I'm sure your going to lvoe what show they are going to put on this year, it really is a great city with great festivals and great food,

Hope you have a great time!

Pibb,

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
308 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Im coming from D.C. to the Blues festival

Huxleygal,We've stayed at this hotel twice. We really liked it. It was immaculately clean, quiet, and in a great location. The restaurant on the main floor is also excellent (Italian). It's a short walk to all the main sightseeing spots in Ottawa (10-15 minutes to Parliament Hill) and don't miss the Byward Market, just down the hill from the Parliament buildings. There are lots of good restaurants by this hotel and even a couple of little grocery stores and deli-type stores nearby if you want to have a few things in your suite. Enjoy!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
726 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Im coming from D.C. to the Blues festival

This is a great hotel in a great location for the Blues Fest. I have stayed there and recommende it toi visitors all the time. The Elgin Street area is where there are a lot of clubs, pubs and resaturaunts.

The Blues Fest is a fantastic time, the entertainment is as good as it gets.

Everything you will be doing is within walking distance and I hope the weather is good. I am going to as many of the concerts as I can. Have a good time at the fest.