We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with tour choice

Adelaide
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Topic
Help with tour choice

Hi, my partner and I will be in Ottawa for 1 day in September. We think it probably best we do a hop on hop off tour. Can anyone recommend one for us? Also, which sights would you recommend as a must see if you only had one day? Many Thanks

Capital Cruises
Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Ottawa (De)tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with tour choice

Grayline has a hop on/off tour through Ottawa and you have the option of combining that with a water cruise, either on the Rideau Canal or the River. Check: travelocity.com for more information

If you only have one day, spend most of it wandering and enjoying the city if it's a nice day. If you wanted to do one indoor activity, I'd visit the Museum of Civilization in Hull. It's on one of the bus loops and offers amazing exhibits of First Nations Canadians.

Have a wonderful time!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with tour choice

Thanks for the information Tobie!

I'm sure we'll have a great time!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with tour choice

There's also Capital Tours. The kiosks for the tour buses are along Sparks Street, a pedestrian mall just one block south of Wellington Street and Parliament Hill. The main tourist information centre is just across the street as well.