We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best medium priced downtown hotel for family of 5

Vienna, Virginia
Level Contributor
115 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Best medium priced downtown hotel for family of 5

We'll be traveling to Ottawa to visit relatives the weekend after next and we're a family with three children, so no space to stay there. We're looking for a medium priced central hotel that would allow us all to stay in one room.

I've been looking at the Delta, Les Suites or the Sheraton. Any thoughts?

Mentioned in this post
Les Suites Hotel Ottawa
Les Suites Hotel Ottawa
1,852 Reviews
Ottawa, Canada
Ottawa
Ottawa
Ontario, Canada
Toronto
Level Contributor
328 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best medium priced downtown hotel for family of 5

We stayed at the Minto Suites Hotel and found it worked well for four of us. Centrally located with a little grocery downstairs for snacks and beverages. Not sure how that compares to the other hotels.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
619 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best medium priced downtown hotel for family of 5

The Sheraton or Les Suites are closer to the busier part of downtown, with shops, restaurants, etc. The Delta is in the quieter part of the downtown core, with little to do in the area at night--most of the area shops around the Delta close after 5 p.m., and there arent many restaurants around there, but if you're here mostly to visit relatives rather than sightseeing, that wouldnt matter so much. You might like the Minto Suites Hotel, mentioned by the previous poster--it's close to the Delta, and families I know who have stayed there have told me they liked the large rooms. There's also a pool and fitness centre.

Mentioned in this post
Les Suites Hotel Ottawa
Les Suites Hotel Ottawa
1,852 Reviews
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
160 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best medium priced downtown hotel for family of 5

The Cartier Place and Towers Suite Hotel is good, they have two bedroomed units that are reasonable, it's very central, just off Elgin and they have a pool and childrens playground, they will also supply a box of toys for younger ones. The only thing is , they charge for parking, around $14 a day I think.