We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampton Inn

Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hampton Inn

Hello,

Has anyone stayed there yet or heard anything about this hotel? Just wondering if we should book at the Hampton Inn or the Clarion; we stayed at the Clarion the last time and while the staff was great, we thought the rooms could use so updating

Thanks!

North Bay
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hampton Inn

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Sudbury and it was great! There was also a great free breakfast offered in the morning. I would stay at another Hampton Inn anytime.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hampton Inn

hey kitty, so where did you stay? i know it's a new hotel and we have also stayed at the clarion which is dated.... depending on the rate, i would stay there or go to the sundown ridge just outside of town...just curious...thnx

Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hampton Inn

Hi there,

We ended up staying at the Hampton Inn and were very glad with our decision.

Pros: Very friendly staff, nicely appointed rooms, very clean and quiet. Decent indoor pool and exercise room. Self-serve breakfast is included in the price.

Cons: no on-site restaurant/lounge but there are a fast-food joints/restaurants nearby as well as a Sobey's if you want to bring something back to your room. Unfortunately, the rooms don't have a mini fridge so buy just enough for that meal.

Located at the bottom of Airport Hill so close to the base and the airport.

Definitely recommend it!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,552 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hampton Inn

Hi;

Please take a moment and write a review of the hotel. Many more people read the reviews than the forums when researching accommodations.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g155000-d148508…

Best Regards

Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hampton Inn

Already done :)

It takes up to 48 hours for reviews to appear.

Cheers!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
562 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hampton Inn

The rooms may be dated, but the Clarion is in a much nicer location, ie not in North Bay, and in a quieter more peaceful area. The Hampton Inn is in the midst of one of the ugliest sections of North Bay (off of bleak, treeless Algonquin Avenue) and you will have a panoramic view of rows of gaudy rent-a-signs and sprawling strip malls. If your idea of great dining is Boston Pizza and TIm Horton's, then you're in luck. They're right next door.

I'd vote for Clarion.

7. Re: Hampton Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:33 am, February 24, 2010
Get answers to your questions about North Bay