We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whirlpool Jet Boat vs. Dome

Which Niagara-on-the-Lake hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
Level Contributor
250 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Whirlpool Jet Boat vs. Dome

Hi, my husband and I are coming to NOTL in two weeks and we're wondering about the difference in experience between the Dome Boat (covered version) and the Jet Boat (uncovered). Obviously, we'd like to keep dry, but if we're forfeiting the thrill of the adventure for comfort, maybe it's not worth it. Any comments?

Thanks. MJ

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whirlpool Jet Boat vs. Dome

If you like being cold (this time of year) ,wet and having the thrill of your life, take the open boat.

If you like being dry and having the thrill of your life, take the covered one.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whirlpool Jet Boat vs. Dome

Hi MJ,

If you look on the website for the Jet boats you'll see that they only run a couple times after October 22.....and those are in the covered dome, so you may not have a choice. Hope you're arriving before they're closed for the season.

https://www.whirlpooljet.com/reservations/

Ottawa
Level Contributor
250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Whirlpool Jet Boat vs. Dome

Thanks for the info. I guess we'll book the Dome Jet. We'll be there on Oct 21st. Staying at the Lakewinds B&B and looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend. Hope the weather cooperates!

4. Re: Whirlpool Jet Boat vs. Dome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, August 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake