We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling in limo from Buffalo to Niagara on the Lake

Which Niagara-on-the-Lake hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster, New York
2 posts
Save Topic
Traveling in limo from Buffalo to Niagara on the Lake

I want to plan a limo winery trip to Niagara On the Lake for my birthday.

I'm concerned about crossing the border and whether or not that would take up too much time. We would have the limo for 6 hours. I also aware that we would not be allowed any open containers until we are in Canada....and I'm worried this would put a damper on the amount of fun we could have in the limo.

Has anyone here done this? Do you think I should just do a wine tour in the US instead since I'm getting a limo? I really love Niagara on the Lake.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,578 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling in limo from Buffalo to Niagara on the Lake

The border crossing times vary.....when would you be crossing the border?

Lancaster, New York
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling in limo from Buffalo to Niagara on the Lake

On a Sunday....sometime around noon.

Niagara-on-the-Lake...
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling in limo from Buffalo to Niagara on the Lake

We cross the border pretty routinely without much hassle. The amount of time will varry but I don't think it should deter you. As for drinking in the llimo, do know it is illegal both in NY and Ontario to consume alcohol in a vehicle. But the trip from Buffalo to Niagara-on-the-Lake is likely to be take an hour or less, inlcuding crossing the border. That should be lots of time for you to have lots of fun. Also keep in mind that everyone who serves/sells beverage alcohol is obligated by law to refuse service to anyone who is visibly intoxicated. So have lots of fun but make sure you can remember it the day after.

4. Re: Traveling in limo from Buffalo to Niagara on the Lake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake