We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

casual restos

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
casual restos

My parents just retired and bought a lovely house in Old Stone Road. They are pretty hip and like to eat out a lot, everything from pubs to bistros. Now that they will be on a fixed income I would love some suggestions to pass along to them for the occasional dining out nights. Angel Pub and Epicurean I have been to. Any pubs or other lower price pointed places. Also, I saw some places have prime rib nights etc. Any information would be great. Can't wait to go for visits!!!

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
171 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: casual restos

If they take a 10 minute drive down Hwy 55, they will be in St. Catharines where there is an array of reasonably priced restaurants; and a lot of them are listed on Tripadvisor.

Edited: 8:32 pm, November 14, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,584 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: casual restos

I recommend The Syndicate Restaurant @ 6863 Lundy's Lane........although it's in Niagara Falls, it's still a short drive away and it's an excellent restaurant open for breakfast/brunch, lunch and dinner..........they have a fixed price 3 course menu for $20.00, (as well as a regular menu), so not expensive either........I think your parents would enjoy this casual, but really nice, highly regarded spot..........

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,127 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: casual restos

I second the Syndicate, but they only serve lunch and dinner, no breakfast.

The Olde Angel Inn has good food at reasonable prices.

Frado's, on the Welland Canal under the Skyway, has good Italian at good prices.

BTW, dlr155019, are you sure it's Old Stone Rd? There is Niagara Stone Rd. in NOTL and Thorold Stone Rd. In Niagara Falls.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: casual restos

Niagara Stone Road... thank you. Great suggestions, guys. Thanks!

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: casual restos

Hello there,

Niagara College has a nice restaurant called Benchmark and Mon-Fridays there is takeout from Bench to go. You can get a nice hot lunch for $5.00 or a sandwich for $3-4. In St. Davids there is the Old Firehall restaurant near Chocolate FX. There are some great spots in St. Catharines as well, I like Pow Wow, The Office, Suite 108 Cafe and have heard great things about Rise Above. Hope this helps

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,584 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: casual restos

I've heard excellent things about Zee's Grill and Stone Road Grille too...both NOTL...............casual, but not rustic...

7. Re: casual restos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Niagara-on-the-Lake